Will Shane Carwin ever come back from retirement?

Doubt it. He's got a hot wife, some kids and did MMA because he was bored on the weekends. And engineers make pretty good money, so I doubt he would further risk his health when his best days are over. I do miss him though, that type of insane power is rare to see.

right. other people were proved to be involved. Carwin was not.

He wasn't the focus of the investigation.

He never said it wasn't him

Do you think it was?

source on it being HGH he was caught with?

I heard it in a gym awhile back.

If I recall correctly, he was accused for steroids, but what they found was actually HGH.

Google it, I won't bother, as I don't need anybody to tell me if Brock is on something.

Neck surgery at his age pretty much means hell never compete, but the guy was a beast

probably could have been the champ and made millions if he quit his day job, but now he'll be working for someone else the next 25 years

Carwin was the man. I was really bummed when he had to retire early. I wanted him to go out with a brutal ko win. He'll never come back.. although him vs Brock 2 would be nice.

No. He hinted that he wouldn't mind rematch with Lesnar though, so if Lesnar returns to the UFC, expect Carwin to come out.

I'm pretty sure everyone would want a rematch with Lesnar. Is a guaranteed big pay day.

I know he retired because he had disc problems in his back but I THINK that he had surgery on it. I had similar surgery and it really takes away from what you're able to do. I sincerely doubt that he'd return if he was hindered by it.

I heard it in a gym awhile back.

If I recall correctly, he was accused for steroids, but what they found was actually HGH.

Google it, I won't bother, as I don't need anybody to tell me if Brock is on something.

I did. He had vitamin supplements. charges were dropped.

sounds like the people at your gym dont know what they are talking about.
edit: shocking that someone on a forum accusing people of roiding is too lazy to google something.

I thought he was one of the most overrated fighters in MMA history, but he was damn exciting. Despite the fact that I think he was overrated he has a unique skill set that would have actually made for an interesting fight witch Cain, of all people.

I thought he was one of the most overrated fighters in MMA history, but he was damn exciting. Despite the fact that I think he was overrated he has a unique skill set that would have actually made for an interesting fight witch Cain, of all people.

It's all relative to the division's competition right? Skill wise he was pretty slow and not what I'd call fluid, but that's sort of the heavyweight division for ya!

I could watch his fight vs. Mir on a loop for days.

Will he ever return? What a talent that man was... shame he couldn't get the belt. Not a stretch to call him the heaviest puncher in MMA history. I could see him doing well in the current state of HW

He is my favorite fighter in UFC history. I hope he does.

That doesn't make him overrated.

I did. He had vitamin supplements. charges were dropped.

sounds like the people at your gym dont know what they are talking about.
edit: shocking that someone on a forum accusing people of roiding is too lazy to google something.

It was 1 guy in 1 gym I was in at the time, not people in my gym, so you don't need to accuse the others.

And I actually Googled it for you now and the 1st thing I found was a topic about it on this forum.

I won't bother to respond to you anymore, so bye.

That doesn't make him overrated.

I think his skills and the landscape of the division made him unique mainly because he matches up as well as any other fighter right now against Cain. Very strong, good wrestling and devastating KO power in close.

That being said I think he loses to the current top 5 HWs rather easily and could conceivably be outside the top 10. I mean he is one half of "the biggest HW fight of all time!"

It's all relative to the division's competition right? Skill wise he was pretty slow and not what I'd call fluid, but that's sort of the heavyweight division for ya!

I could watch his fight vs. Mir on a loop for days.

Yeah that was a savagely brutal finish. Carwin always had that punchers chance that would make him game in any fight, but I could never understand how people thought he was an elite fighter on the level of Cain/JDS etc.... If he could come back I'd love to see him fight Overeem. Probably fold 'Reem like a lawn chair even despite his injury.

Carwin was one of my favorite heavyweights. Seems like a nice and down to earth dude. I was really excited to see him beat the crap out of Lesnar for a round. I think because of injuries and age at this point, he's not coming back.

Back