Will Semmy Schilt ever come back to the UFC?

If this K1 takeover is successful he will be set. Best to stay where he's at. If Showtime and Glory fall aparthe would be wise to go to the UFC and test the waters.

With that said I don't see kickboxing having much success.

You've got to wonder why MMA even has a Heavyweight limit.

Boxing doesn't, and in collegiate wrestling (where many fighters get their start) the class ranges from 197 to 285 lbs.

Why, in such a thin division, does it make sense to exclude NFL types and other really big men, like Schilt? (Guys near enough the cusp to cut, like Bigfoot, are prevented from reaching their full potential, too.)

I think Schilt would have a hardtime with the weightlimit these days. I think his cardio would be suspect as hell as well.

If he could make the weight limit, I could see him having more success than people are saying he would. His sprawl was pretty good, he used his height and reach extremely well, and he had very good power. I think he'd eat Struve alive on the feet. Not sure how he'd do against others in the division, but I found that match up to be lopsidedly in his favor. He takes away the one main advantage Struve has over 99% of his opponents and only lacks the submission game that Struve doesn't use enough.

You've got to wonder why MMA even has a Heavyweight limit.

Boxing doesn't, and in collegiate wrestling (where many fighters get their start) the class ranges from 197 to 285 lbs.

Why, in such a thin division, does it make sense to exclude NFL types and other really big men, like Schilt? (Guys near enough the cusp to cut, like Bigfoot, are prevented from reaching their full potential, too.)

I've wondered that too. There are some naturally bigger guys, especially taller guys that are excluded, though probably not many.

He was always susceptible to any amount of grappling. Stick to the kickboxing Semmy. Besides, he's already given mma a shot and found his calling in the striking arts.

1... the weight limit would fuck him more than any fighter in the UFC's stand up would (most likely)

2... he made 400k for his last fight in kickboxing. I doubt the UFC is willing to pay even half that to him.

3... his age. He's almost 40 and he's so damn good in kickboxing why screw all that up to try something else that he only tried a couple times in the past.

4... coupled with his age he is beating guys like Saki and Ghita who are the "top" guys (at least I think) right now in kickboxing... and he's almost a decade older than all of them.

I know he has a good deal of MMA fights under his belt (around 40 or so if I remember right) but he can make more money in kickboxing and he is better there. Probably THE best that is still currently active (this is to avoid the "HOOST IS BETTER" people), there really is no reason for him to jump ship to MMA.

And that was a down and out HuntO that Semmy beat. The present day HuntO would leap in and break his face.

Shit

Leben would destroy him

jump_out_of_window.gif

He would knock people out with jabs and front kicks

Found it interesting to see he competed in MMA before kickboxing

I just remember Kharitonov getting with full mount, one of Semmy's arms pinned beating the crap out of semmy.

Back