Will ring rust be a factor for Conor

Probably not, he spars hard.

Cardio issues maybe, but hopefully he's figured out a way to work cardio despite the bum knee.

If you believe in ring rust then it's not about sparring and keeping in shape. Sparring is not fighting.
Ring rust is mental in several ways; training can alleviate the skill "rust", actual competition is another matter entirely. That, IMO, every fighter disposes of during the next fight.

I think Conor not having his size advantage will be the biggest factor. If Conor loses this fight what does he do next? Re-match? Does he again cut 30 pounds to fight at FW? I’m not sure, doing that would prove that he knows he can’t compete with the top guys at LW.

Good for Conor he has a lot to lose in this fight.

Don't think it will be... but I am interested in his boxing skills that he picked up training for Floyd. Plus training with Danis… Just can't wait for this fight....
You mean the boxing skills that allowed him to throw hammer fists to the back of Floyd's head multiple times throughout the fight, those new boxing skills? The guy didn't learn any new boxing skills in that short of a time I hate to tell you.

Conor was so focused and confident against Alvarez, I expect him to be in the zone against Khabib too.

My theory is that Conor took something to boost his confidence and timing in the Alvarez fight, some military grade shit :cool: he's an absolute machine if he didn't take anything

Well, it certainly can’t fuckin help.

If you don't believe in ring rust then you don't believe consistency in fighting makes you better and you don't believe in fighters peaking for fights. When I make fight picks I look at the fighters last 5 fights and how long ago they were and what they did lets me know who is more real fight time tuned, not a real science but it works for me.

Track & field competitors use smaller meets so that they can peak or be close to their best for specific events, fighters keep sharp by fighting & sparring but sparring is not real time fighting with adrenaline rush & dumping. Conor is essentially coming off the couch into the main event with a Russian Mauler...

when conor on his back he will wished he would of stayed retired.

I am not a Conor fan, I was merely stating he can still punch, throw elbows, etc. from the bottom.

Yes, if Khabib gets him down, and Conor is on his back, he will get pounded.

Back