Will ring rust be a factor for Conor

MMA4Life

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
He hasn't fought in the octagon since the Alvarez fight. Endless threads about this fight and how it will play out but haven't seen any mentions of ring rust. When he went on his run in the UFC he was a very active fighter all things considered. He seems to spar relatively hard. One of the things Conor is known for is his timing, being inactive could affect his timing for example.

<FookIsThatGuy>who da fook is ring rust. Just wanted to get that response out of the way

People have said it, but Conor just fought in a bigger spotlight than anybody in the UFC ever will. I'm sure he couldn't give less of a fuck about being in a lesser spotlight...especially while in the octagon

Don't think it will be... but I am interested in his boxing skills that he picked up training for Floyd. Plus training with Danis… Just can't wait for this fight....

Ring rust or not

He Will get grapplefck until he taptap again.

That will be his excuse when he loses.

“I was getting tired in there. I was out of the game for so long, I will come back better prepared next time, but hats off to boy he’s a phenomenal competitor.”

Something like that, and then the rematch happens.

Ring rust is a myth... if you're not performing after a lay off it's down to your preparation.

If Conor has been putting in work in his down time then ring rust will be a very tiny factor. Ring rust is already a myth but for someone who lives in the spotlight it should be even less of a factor.

Ring rust seems like a very mental thing, they don't forget how to fight if they are putting in work, those that avoid the spotlight are those that would be effected most by a layoff.

I think it will be a factor. Conor was fighting so often, staying in fight shape, honing that one trick left ponch. He doesn’t have a very long camp ahead and Khabib is by a huge stretch the toughest matchup of his career.

Was a Conor fan (lost me because of his inactivity and out of the cage antics) but I don’t think coming back against Khabib My Hump Nurmagomedov is a good idea.

He hasn't fought in the octagon since the Alvarez fight. Endless threads about this fight and how it will play out but haven't seen any mentions of ring rust. When he went on his run in the UFC he was a very active fighter all things considered. He seems to spar relatively hard. One of the things Conor is known for is his timing, being inactive could affect his timing for example.

<FookIsThatGuy>who da fook is ring rust. Just wanted to get that response out of the way
Doubt ring rust will be a major factor; if you followed him on socials regularly, youd know he pretty much constantly trains and keeps himself in fight shape.

That will be his excuse when he loses.

“I was getting tired in there. I was out of the game for so long, I will come back better prepared next time, but hats off to boy he’s a phenomenal competitor.”

Something like that, and then the rematch happens.

That doesn't sound like an excuse though.

No, it doesn't affect Khabib either, he usually fights once or twice a year

when conor get rag doll that is what conor and his blind followers will say.

conor fan bitches will say khabib still a paper champ and beating a guy coming out of retirement mean nothing,.

cant punch him when laying on his back
Thats very true, but Khabib chin will be put to the test for sure. Dont underestimate the power of one clean shot.
And I'm not a Conor fan

Back