Will "Rampage" stay with the UFC?

Rampage is done. Stick a fork in him. He doesn't have the heart anymore. He's going to get released from his contract, balloon like a whale, and at best have a Tim Sylvia type career doing odd end fights for lower tier promotions.

they were willing to shell out tons of money on Alverez.. 250,000 signing bonus alone. they have plenty of money to give Rampage and I'd watch.

if he's on a 3 fight losing streak? No, he's not worth Alvarez money, not 250 K, no way. He won't get it, not good enough and he won't bring them that much more being a 3 loss ufc drop out and also - Bellator probably sees the guy as a problem for the UFC with his garbage he talks on them and he works for them ,they dont want him coming over and then bitching about them too -

Oh look, another Rampage bashfest

we were just discussing his soon to be 3 fight losing streak and how he won't be able to get much money as a free agent, being a serial complainer and mid tier past his prime on a losing streak sort of guy. Then again, he can probably get Babalu money in Bellator

MTV2? They're moving to Spike starting next week I believe. Also, don't know if you've heard of Viacom, but Bellator is not going out of business anytime soon.

Edit: Their next event is tomorrow on Spike.

They have no stars to drive the ratings on Spike. They are not doing PPV's. The UFC has paved the way for how this model works. You need a healthy gate, plus PPV sales to be profitable. UFC probably barely breaks even on some TV shows, especially those with a weak gate. Bellator has no big matchups to make.. If Rampage goes there he will fight someone nobody has ever heard of in front of 5,000 people for likely half what he made in the UFC..

I don't think he has it in him anymore. he's had a long and successful career, time to move on

his fights have been boring the last 2 years and he has a grumpy shitty attitude. i doubt he will stay and i dont really want him to

It boils down to whether or not Rampage wants to challenge the best Light Heavyweights in the world.

No, it boils down to Rampage acting like an overgrown child. He acts like the UFC has done nothing but abuse him, but the reality is much different.

Quinton is going to learn real fast that he won't get a better deal elsewhere. No one will pay him as much or provide the kind of ancillary opportunities that the UFC provides. Another promotion might kiss his ass sufficiently up front, but the bloom on that rose will fade quickly.

I expect to see him bitching and moaning in the near future about whatever situation he finds himself in.

Rampage is not happy, so I wish him the best of luck out in the big wide world.

Hopefully not. In a perfect world, he would fall into obscurity and we wouldn't have to hear his whining any more. In reality, he will probably go to Bellator and coast to Decisions like he has in his last few UFC fights.

A better question is should the UFC take him back if he wants back after his next fight. He obviously has value for any MMA company but has been doing allot of UFC bashing.

They have no stars to drive the ratings on Spike. They are not doing PPV's. The UFC has paved the way for how this model works. You need a healthy gate, plus PPV sales to be profitable. UFC probably barely breaks even on some TV shows, especially those with a weak gate. Bellator has no big matchups to make.. If Rampage goes there he will fight someone nobody has ever heard of in front of 5,000 people for likely half what he made in the UFC..

Might all be true, but back to my original point, he's going to Bellator.

will he stay? i'd flip a coin. all this jazz he's talking in the media may be his negotiating method... if he loses, i'd say "who cares" if he's gone.

we were just discussing his soon to be 3 fight losing streak and how he won't be able to get much money as a free agent, being a serial complainer and mid tier past his prime on a losing streak sort of guy. Then again, he can probably get Babalu money in Bellator

Nah, its a bashfest. But don't let me get in the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back