Will "Rampage" stay with the UFC?

If he's more or less done with MMA, then not re-signing is probably best as he can split his time with other endeavours, even if he still wants to have a few more fights. If he's primarily an MMA fighter then he's better off staying since the best fights and the best money are in the UFC.

Personally I think he's already gone. He's talking so much crap about the UFC I cant imagine he wants to be back in there. Sad thing is he's burning that bridge, which probably works to devalue him outside the promotion. Even if he wanted to go fight for Bellator, it would be better for him if Bellator was competing with the UFC for him.

Rampage would make a killing in Pro Wrestling. Sort of like Brock in reverse.

I disagree. I love Rampage, love the guy. Well, what he used to be. He uses the same jokes...over and over. The "Why yo' breath stank" joke he uses when getting interviewed? He's been saying it since at least 2005. When was the last time he said something funny or creative?

Maybe the dude is burned out. I love him, and will always support him. But his best bet is staying with the UFC.....maybe going to Bellator.

Bellator is a small show with nobody for him to fight. Who can he fight there that will sell and make him UFC money? Their HW champ quit to be a salesman..

I guess you haven't kept up with the news lately. Did you see what Eddie Alvarez was offered? I'm pretty sure Rampage is a bigger draw, and with Viacom backing Bellator, he'll be well compensated. As far as who there is for him to fight..... nobody yet, but Rampage fights for money as has been very clear in his last few performances. I say good riddance.

I guess you haven't kept up with the news lately. Did you see what Eddie Alvarez was offered? I'm pretty sure Rampage is a bigger draw, and with Viacom backing Bellator, he'll be well compensated. As far as who there is for him to fight..... nobody yet, but Rampage fights for money as has been very clear in his last few performances. I say good riddance.

I know about that offer and like Affliction and Strikeforce they will put themselves out with those offers. They air shows on MTV 2 i have never seen a PPV for Bellator. Rampage would want a huge guarantee with no PPV bonus, and if he got it those are the offers that will put them out of business..

I think TS has great points concerning Rampage OUTSIDE of the UFC. The UFC is not 100% the end all be all of MMA for guys at the stage Rampage is at. He's a legend, first guy to unify 2 major titles in MMA, has legendary wins over Chuck Liddell, Wanderlai Silva, Dan Henderson, plus he's one of the most popular and recognizable fighters ever in MMA history. When you look @ Josh Barnett getting 250k from Strikeforce of all places you have to think there are for sure other options for Rampage to continue fighting and make decent money.

I know about that offer and like Affliction and Strikeforce they will put themselves out with those offers. They air shows on MTV 2 i have never seen a PPV for Bellator. Rampage would want a huge guarantee with no PPV bonus, and if he got it those are the offers that will put them out of business..

MTV2? They're moving to Spike starting next week I believe. Also, don't know if you've heard of Viacom, but Bellator is not going out of business anytime soon.

Edit: Their next event is tomorrow on Spike.

i dont think most people care. not particularly relevant

He will go to Bellator where he can get an open contract,so he can dable in acting,wrestling,or boxing,while still getting big pay for shit fights.The biggest payday being King Mo.He still is Rampage Jackson,and a legend of the sport. Always been a fan.

Look at the upcoming Bellator card tomorrow night, you can already see that they're trying to grab fighters with ties to the UFC to get their name out there more: Jason Lambert, Babalu, Hector Ramirez, Jamie Yaeger, Michael Guymon, some of these dudes were supposedly retired or retiring. I've never seen a Bellator card with as many former UFC guys, regardless of their stature, as we're going to see in the future.

Rampage could very well be one of the next guys and it'd be HUGE HUGE for them. Rampage has only lost a handful of fights in the UFC, 4 to be exact-Forrest Griffin, Jones, Rashad Evans, and Ryan Bader. *help me out if I'm missing anyone else* Like I mentioned before his resume before even turning 30 was legendary, and while his focus isn't there like it once was, in Bellator or OneFC or even WSOF, he would bring in not only viewers but some huge depth. Kind of like when Strikeforce got Dan Henderson for the 185 and 205 divisions, his name alone increased the cred of that division by 40%.

Whether he stays or leaves, a few things we can count on with Rampage:

1) He's still going to be complaining about the UFC.
2) He's still going to be complaining about grapplers grappling with him instead of banging.
3) He's still going to be inappropriate in interviews.
4) He's never going to win another meaningful title again.

Bellator is a small show with nobody for him to fight. Who can he fight there that will sell and make him UFC money? Their HW champ quit to be a salesman..

they were willing to shell out tons of money on Alverez.. 250,000 signing bonus alone. they have plenty of money to give Rampage and I'd watch.

Yes he will he loves fighting and Danna is buying everybody he has nowhere else to go son

^^ its pretty true. Either he does boxing/kickboxing or pro wrestling or he may not do much more fighting if he leaves UFC.

Ask me again after the Glover fight...but as of now, I think he's in the same boat as BJ. Loved watching him, Hall of Famer, one of my favorite fighters ever, but time to hang em up.

after all this bullshit, yea, he probably will still stay with the UFC

The main reason to stay in the UFC is to fight legit comp which doesn't appear high on high on his list of priorities so I doubt he comes back.

Short version
Yes

Long version
every time rampage has a contract about to expire he does this causes a scene and stays doing this remember when it was almost time to sign a extension after the a team to fight rashad he retired then next thing you know he signed a 6 fight contract? Well glover is his 6th fight and he's doing his usual game, last time he added another dollar to whatever ppv he fights on and a huggggggggggggggggge signing bonus increase.. This time he'll do the same. The ufc already approached him about resigning him, he knows he has them hooked he just has to beat glover which i fully expect him to do because he actually stayed in a gym for more then a week lol

Another thing he is still a draw dana didn't expect him to sell out detroit and he did. He also brings in the ''hip hop black crowd'' dj paul, lil john and other rappers always show up when he is fighting and he has some weird relationship with will verdarama lol

Last edited:

Rampage makes 250k per fight win or lose not including PPV #'s, Alvarez was offered 85+85 and that escalates.

There is a big difference in those #'s. Also Bellator doesn't do PPV yet, and if they decide to go that route it will probably be a year till they do.

The best Bellator can do is offer him a big signing bonus and allow him to fight outside organization to make more money, that way he makes up what he is losing with wrestling or boxing, while also making his own brand bigger and hopefully open up more opportunity.

Point is, Bellator themselves will not be the ones making Rampage rich.

Look at the upcoming Bellator card tomorrow night, you can already see that they're trying to grab fighters with ties to the UFC to get their name out there more: Jason Lambert, Babalu, Hector Ramirez, Jamie Yaeger, Michael Guymon, some of these dudes were supposedly retired or retiring. I've never seen a Bellator card with as many former UFC guys, regardless of their stature, as we're going to see in the future.

Rampage could very well be one of the next guys and it'd be HUGE HUGE for them. Rampage has only lost a handful of fights in the UFC, 4 to be exact-Forrest Griffin, Jones, Rashad Evans, and Ryan Bader. *help me out if I'm missing anyone else* Like I mentioned before his resume before even turning 30 was legendary, and while his focus isn't there like it once was, in Bellator or OneFC or even WSOF, he would bring in not only viewers but some huge depth. Kind of like when Strikeforce got Dan Henderson for the 185 and 205 divisions, his name alone increased the cred of that division by 40%.

If Page loses to Glover that would be 3 L's in a row I think, right? So he clearly isnt a top LHW anymore, he is old, gets hurt alot and was on TRT. he complains all the time about who he has to fight and his fans support is dropping daily.

Yes it would be a good signing for him based on his name but if he loses to Glover that shows he aint what he used to be.

Personally I think he is gonna lose and then I dont care what he does, I'm tired of him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back