Will Poirier even land a single takedown on Max?

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
I think people in the media are really sleeping on Holloway's improved takedown defense!! I don't think Poirier will score one takedown in their fight!! Do you?!!

edit: The last time Holloway was takendown and held down for even a couple of seconds was Clay Collard, which was 11 fights ago!! (Ortega took him 'down', but not really because Max popped back right up)

Last edited:
Maybe

I don't think he'll be able to do it enough times to win a decision off them or be able to control him to the point where he can get a finish from there tho.

{<shrug}

Askren just got dunked on his head by Robbie.

You never know what's going to happen

I think he will get a takedown but Max won't let him establish any sort of control. Push the head away and stand up.

I don't think the fight will go at all into wrestling. Porior doesn't go for the takedown much and I think he is confident in his standup it could be his demise though.

Who knows, maybe he won't need to or maybe he'll get knocked out before he gets the chance to even attempt a takedown. Maybe Max will take him down.

{<shrug}

Askren just got dunked on his head by Robbie.

You never know what's going to happen
exactly. mma has been around for 25 years and people still need reminding that it's a fight and anything can happen.

Heh. Damn. An over under of .5 takedowns.

I have to take the under. No. But I wouldn’t bet money on it.

SatisfiedNextAfricanharrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Even though this was a long time ago, this would be impressive if Conor didn't get stopped by mayweather, nate, & khabib tbh, which shows me that Holloway has improved, and Conor has disproved. In fact i would still be riding Conor's nuts if he wasn't always losing god damn

exactly. mma has been around for 25 years and people still need reminding that it's a fight and anything can happen.
Yup....

@Soul On Ice post was pretty spot on. The likelihood of it happen multiple times might be low, but a single one?? Impossible to tell

I think he will get a takedown but Max won't let him establish any sort of control. Push the head away and stand up.

This. I expect Dustin to land a few takedowns, but they'll be short lived.

He will, if he’s getting lit up. fighters tend to slow down fights by going for a takedown, panic wrestle if you will. But don’t sleep on Poirier, dude has also improved and matured

I doubt he'll be looking for them.

Poirer is a big overachiever IMO with that weak chin of his. Definitely picking durable Max.

It depends but Holloway is susceptible to upper body style take downs from a clinch or body lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back