Will Ngannou ever be HW GOAT since he lost to prime Stipe?

By your standards, Ngannou in no way dominated many of his opponents since he "landy one kind of lucky punch behind the ear," to get the finish. So, what exactly is your standard for determining which fight was more dominant? I think the win Stipe has over Ngannou and the win Ngannou has over Stipe are quite equal because both were as dominant as it can get for what each bring to the table. Stipe was able to outstrike Ngannou, take him down at will and keep him there for all five rounds. Ngannou was able to defend the takedown attempt and fully impose his gameplan on Stipe and finishing him.
These two pictures tell a lot.
hi-res-09547201694cb20f3d0595fe3661b23c_crop_north.jpg

1309514369.0.jpg

We can objectively say that prime Miocic was better than rookie Ngannou. We cannot objectively say that prime Stipe beats prime Ngannou, even if you make it sound like that.

He was 31, had been competing professionally for 5 years, was 11-1, including 6-0 in the UFC. That's far from a rookie by mma standards.

You're kind of right there. He didn't dominate many of his opponents. Most of his wins come from one good punch. He dominated some, but surely not all. Now I'm not saying Stipe didn't dominate Francis in the first fight, he did. He made Francis look like an amateur. I just personally think Francis' win was more dominating because he made Stipe look like he didn't belong in there with him then he knocked him dead. JDS didn't outclass Cain. He landed one punch at the right time. It was a good punch, but he certainly didn't outclass Cain.
Alright. Agree to disagree. It's all subjective so I can't really tell you you are wrong. I just wanted to know your criteria.

His resume is Meh and the division is shit, so Nope.

He was 31, had been competing professionally for 5 years, was 11-1, including 6-0 in the UFC. That's far from a rookie by mma standards.

I would say less a "rookie" and more that he hasnt really been tested that much, the first Bladyes match I spose he was put under same grappling pressure but really always looked ontop and got away with extreme aggression.

Although I actually think Stipe was a bit the same, around 2014 I think he reinventing himself quite a bit becoming much more aggressive looking to pressure fighters. Thats I think were his strenght is striking wise, drawing people into situations there not comfortable with that create clear openings. He's not really shown he can have slow technical kickboxing matches and then suddenly picks out a great fight ending KO.

Back