Will Marquez-Diaz II be a repeat of the first fight?

125,000 buys I say. It's a good card, but I've seen no promotion. Marquez has a pretty sold group of fans so I think it can break 100k, but not much more than that. I mean if they did a 30 minute countdown show on HBO and put it on ESPN.com, Yahoo, Fanhouse, ect they could gain a good 75,000 more buys, but they've done next to nothing.

I'm not sure how much they spent overall, but looking at the fighter payouts I think Golden Boy will turn a profit

Juan Manuel Marquez dreams of third fight with Manny Pacquiao - ESPN

• I talked to Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Thursday and got the list of purses for the main fights on Saturday's card. Here you go: Marquez ($1 million), Diaz ($540,000), Daniel Jacobs ($200,000), Dmitry Pirog ($50,000), Robert Guerrero ($75,000), Joel Casamayor ($50,000), Linares ($30,000), Juarez ($45,000), Sakio Bika ($18,000) and Jean Paul Mendy ($12,000). Keep in mind these are the official purses as per the Nevada bout agreements, but it is common for other revenue to be paid through other streams.

And if they don't do good numbers I hope it doesn't discourage them from trying to put on good undercards. It's going to take a string of good top to bottom cards for boxing to lose it's stigma of putting on shit undercards, but in the long run it can payoff. A good undercard here and there will only make hardcore fans who watch anyway happy. Consistency is what they need to start gaining new fans.

Last edited:
Rafael said something like 100,000-150,000 buys would be breakeven on the card.

wow. Amazing left hook, and he hit him whilehe was going down. Crazy KO

DQ. Mendy was down on his knees, and Bika finished it with a right hand. Looked liek a headbutt got him too

That's so weak. Bika is a waste of a career.

shitty fight, neither guy did anything, but the KO was awesome to look at. We need a gif

He hesitated and then hit him...

Why the fuck would he do that?

lol both these guys lack serious defense.

Montiel is better, but hes mainly winning because of that chin. Anybody else would be KTFO by now

Where's the feed? I checked the PPV channel and it's looping Summerslam and UFC 117 previews...

Ah, I guess it was on ESPN. Dunno why Rafael said it'd be on the PPV channel.

Those sounded like some hard shot Gomez was landing.

lol are you watching the actual fight with galan? What a fucking mismatch

Back