Will Marquez-Diaz II be a repeat of the first fight?

JArkin770

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I think Marquez convicingly wins this fight, but this time by decision, or possible late KO, but Im leaning towards a decision victory. Diaz is awful, has no reason whatsoever to be headlining a PPV, I hope after he loses, he becomes nothing more than a regional act that focuses on his education and gets out of boxing, but regardless of what happens in the rematch that there is no purpose for, this PPV has one of the more solid undercards I've seen in a while, even some off TV fights are worthy of having television time such as Mendy-Bika IBF Eliminator.

Hell yeah that undercard is stacked.
Which fights are being aired?

I would assume:
Jacobs - Pirog
Guerrero - Casa
Bika - Mendy

I just hope one of these fights doesn't get bumped for Linares - Juarez.

I would assume:
Jacobs - Pirog
Guerrero - Casa
Bika - Mendy

I think Bika-Mendy may be a free stream (to attract buyers) and Linares-Juarez would be on the main card.

I would assume:
Jacobs - Pirog
Guerrero - Casa
Bika - Mendy

Linares-Juarez is opening the PPV. Mendy-Bika won't air on PPV.

I think Marquez convicingly wins this fight, but this time by decision, or possible late KO, but Im leaning towards a decision victory. Diaz is awful, has no reason whatsoever to be headlining a PPV, I hope after he loses, he becomes nothing more than a regional act that focuses on his education and gets out of boxing, but regardless of what happens in the rematch that there is no purpose for, this PPV has one of the more solid undercards I've seen in a while, even some off TV fights are worthy of having television time such as Mendy-Bika IBF Eliminator.

I think Diaz is a good fighter, but the first fight with Marquez was probably his high moment. He could have another moment of greatness, but I doubt it. I think Marquez wins this by round 8-9 stoppage, but in a more dominant fashion.

At first I thought Marquez would KO Diaz even faster in this fight but now I'm thinking it will go to decision or be a late stoppage. I remember before Pavlik-Taylor 2 everyone was expecting it to be as action packed as the first fight, but then it turned out to be a more tactical fight, with both guys being more cautious. I think this fight will be the same.

I think Marquez is going to have to be saved in this fight. The Baby Bull is going to be relentless with his attack.Much more then in the fight fight and Marquez wont be able to time him as good as in the first fight.

I can't wait for Sat. I will be buying this card for sure.

the fight wont be as good as the first, marquez by UD

It's gonna be entertaining, but hard to top the 1st. Who knows it might be another great trilogy, but for now I tend to think it won't be as good

Juan Diaz is good, Show some respect. He pushed a great fighter like Marquez and gave him a lot of trouble.

That being said I think Marquez takes this one again.

I think Marquez is going to have to be saved in this fight. The Baby Bull is going to be relentless with his attack.Much more then in the fight fight and Marquez wont be able to time him as good as in the first fight.

I can't wait for Sat. I will be buying this card for sure.

What makes you think that? Diaz was slowing down by the 8th round in the last fight. Not to mention it'll be hard to top the pace he had in the first 4 rounds of the first fight.

I honestly can't see this fight NOT going to Marquez.

What makes you think that? Diaz was slowing down by the 8th round in the last fight. Not to mention it'll be hard to top the pace he had in the first 4 rounds of the first fight.

I honestly can't see this fight NOT going to Marquez.

Everybody thinks that Diaz can't adjust but in this fight I don't think he has too. He was doing good early in the first fight and I just think in this fight he going to keep it up. JMM was great at timing him in the middle rounds and start to fold Diaz once the cut happen but I think Diaz comes in ready for war and is going to be prepared mentally to walk though hell to get this win.

Everybody thinks that Diaz can't adjust but in this fight I don't think he has too. He was doing good early in the first fight and I just think in this fight he going to keep it up. JMM was great at timing him in the middle rounds and start to fold Diaz once the cut happen but I think Diaz comes in ready for war and is going to be prepared mentally to walk though hell to get this win.

I just can't see the Juan Diaz who just got rocked by Malignaggi being able to take Marquez's clean counters for the duration of the fight, but at least you have the conviction to stand behind that pick.

Being mentally prepared is not the same thing as being able to adjust. Diaz does his pressure style very well, but has never (ever) shown the slightest ability to change or adjust his style based on what his opponent is doing. That is why Marquez will always be a step or two above him.

That is my point, I don't think he has to adjust in this fight. I think if he just keeps up the same pace that he had going early in the first one it will enough to wear Marquez down in the late rounds of this one. Which has never happened but I think it will in this fight.

Also I think the cut cause him alot of trouble in the first fight and I think him being mentaly prepared will help him push though it this time. I think he now knows what to expect from Juan and will be ready for war this time around.

Last edited:
I think Bika-Mendy may be a free stream (to attract buyers) and Linares-Juarez would be on the main card.
I'm so fucking tired of Rocky Juaraz. Putting him on the main card over an all action type guy like Bika makes me want to puke.

*shrugs*

I guess we'll see. My point is that I have seen nothing in Diaz's career to back up your prediction. He was cut up by Campbell and didnt adjust or push through it, and he was cut up by Marquez and didnt adjust or push through it. He wasnt cut by Malignaggi, but he was very frustrated, and he became more of a sitting target, unable to do anything different, or even keep up his normal bruising style.

Also, the more times that I watch the first Diaz/Marquez fight, the more I feel that Marquez turned the tide earlier on. Diaz looked very impressive, but Marquez was catching a lot of the work on his shoulders and forearms, and was landing good, crisp counter-punches from the 2nd round on.

Regarding Marquez getting "worn down," have we ever seen anybody do that to him, ever?

Hell, it could happen, but I really dont see anything in the history of these two fighters to back up your argument. Should be a fun fight no matter what happens, although putting it on PPV is ridiculous.

Thats just what I think will happen, if I am wrong I be the first to admit it.

I really don't have to big of a problem with buying this fight cause of the under-card. The Main event alone isn't worth it but the whole event I feel is.

I already put money on Diaz...
I couldn't resist at +300

Back