Will Leon fighting Usman consecutively play against him?

Idk. Usman and Colby have similar styles. I'd say it plays in Leon's favor.

I really wouldn't say that. Colby has virtually zero power in his hands, doesn't sit down on punches and has a non-stop volume game of point scoring punches and offensive wrestling.

Usman has big power in his hands, hurts and KOs guys, sits down on his punches and doesn't offensively chain wrestle anywhere near as much.

When Leon fights Usman, there is a legitimate threat of getting hurt with power shots, getting knocked down or out. There is a wrestling threat, but its not constant, and the plan isn't to point fight with volume.

Fighting Colby is opposite in many ways. There will be close to zero threat of getting KO'd, there will be non-stop offensive wrestling attempts, and non-stop light volume point fighting attacks. Cardio and point fighting are the big concerns, not getting hurt.

I really wouldn't say that. Colby has virtually zero power in his hands, doesn't sit down on punches and has a non-stop volume game of point scoring punches and offensive wrestling.

Usman has big power in his hands, hurts and KOs guys, sits down on his punches and doesn't offensively chain wrestle anywhere near as much.

When Leon fights Usman, there is a legitimate threat of getting hurt with power shots, getting knocked down or out. There is a wrestling threat, but its not constant, and the plan isn't to point fight with volume.

Fighting Colby is opposite in many ways. There will be close to zero threat of getting KO'd, there will be non-stop offensive wrestling attempts, and non-stop light volume point fighting attacks. Cardio and point fighting are the big concerns, not getting hurt.
Similarities aren't an indication of a carbon copy. Everyone knows the score here. The adjustments won't be that drastic, and while having already prepared for the threat of a TD for over a year now, not having the threat of a KO should make this easier for Leon, in that sense.

Hear me out, I think when a fighter fights the same opponent twice or more consecutively, he/she gets too used to that opponent.

Example: Adesanya after Pereira, Stipe after DC, Poirier after Conor

Do you think this will play against Leon's preparations for his upcoming fight?
It won't play against him. It didn't play against Aljo or Volk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back