Will Jon Jones retire if Gustafsson beats him twice on a row?

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If Gus mauls Jones two more times how do you guys think that would affect Jones mentally? He has all the money and the LHW title records already, would he lose his motivation and decide to turn a new leaf in his life outside MMA? I know he is still young but if he gets badly beaten two more times by Gustafsson I personally think that would be enough for him.

I think Gus is probably about 60% favourite in the rematch and if Gus wins he will probably be something like 70% favourite in the rubber match. So the possibility of this hole scenario is about 42% in my book.

jones-face.jpg

Please, discuss..

Gustafsson-and-davis-snuggle.png

Gus as the favorite? Not bloody likely.

That said, in this purely hypothetical situation, there is probably a 51.6667% chance of Jones retiring.

Glad to see you're getting all this fantasizing out of the way before Jones beats Gus again.

LMAO, "..mauls Jones again...". Gus lost kiddo, get over it. He'll lose again too. Why would Jon retire again? Because somehow he'd lose motivation? This is a pretty stupid hypothetical pile of turds. None of it's happening.

Sherdog seems to be filled with non-achievers. People who do well in life don't give up at the first hurdle they face.

Why would you assume Jones would retire if beaten twice (having won once), but Gustafsson wouldn't if he is beaten once more?

Gus as the favorite? Not bloody likely.

That said, in this purely hypothetical situation, there is probably a 51.6667% chance of Jones retiring.

Whats the chance Gus wins two times on a row in your opinion?

This is so hypothetical and unrealistic it hurts. Jones won the first fight and Gus has yet to win convincingly one fight against Jones. Not only is Jones young, but he always has the option of moving up to heavyweight if this unrealistic scenario actually plays out.

That said, Jones is going to finish Gus in this second fight.

Gus already beat him once...

If that fight was not a title fight, the decision would have went to Gus. But a draw would have made both sides happy, and would of been fair as well...

Wow bro you are one delusional and pathetic hater I will give you that

If that fight was not a title fight, the decision would have went to Gus.

And the judges would have been fired incompetence.

LMAO, "..mauls Jones again...". Gus lost kiddo, get over it. He'll lose again too. Why would Jon retire again? Because somehow he'd lose motivation? This is a pretty stupid hypothetical pile of turds. None of it's happening.

Why wouldnt he? Would he move up to HW?

If that fight was not a title fight, the decision would have went to Gus. But a draw would have made both sides happy, and would of been fair as well...

a. No he didn't
b. If it was a 3 round fight both fighters would have prepared differently and it wouldn't have played out exactly the same

My gawd the Jones haters with their pathetic delusions and stupid hypothetical "what if"s

Back