Will Jon Jones retire if Gustafsson beats him twice on a row?

That's weird. Popular opinion on Sherdog's never wrong...

2013-09-20-jj.jpg

Him and the other Gus scrotum squad is going against their own guy too because Gus admits he lost the fight.

I really doubt it

I doubt it but if Jones takes as much damage in the rematch as he did in the first fight he's going to lose a year or more off his career; He will decline faster and have to retire earlier.

Edit: I missread the title, I don't even like Jones but I scored it for him, he edged out the 4th round by almost finishing Gus and took the 5th, he definilty need both of those rounds though to win as I had Gus up 2-1 going into the 4th and he was winning the 4th round till the spinning back elbow. Jones clearly took more of a beating though as evidenced by how much longer it took him to heal.

Last edited:
Wastelanded. :wink:

I'm gonna give it a 10/10 OP. Nice work.

I doubt it but if Jones takes as much damage in the rematch as he did in the first fight he's going to lose a year or more off his career; He will decline faster and have to retire earlier.

He already plans to retire at 30. He can afford it.

That's a smart idea, you can't take too many beatings like that without it potentially causing permniant issues.

He took one "beating" his entire career. He has no fight mileage whatsoever aside from his toe coming off.

Ok, maybe. I think it didnt affect as much to the rest of that fight, though. Bonnar actually one the last round against Jones.

What does that say about Gus then? I mean, if Stephan Bonnar can weather the storm, why couldn't Gus The Magnificent do it?

Do yourself a favour, and release your grip from Gustavson's nuts. You'll be able to look at things a lot more objectvely then.

What does that say about Gus then? I mean, if Stephan Bonnar can weather the storm, why couldn't Gus The Magnificent do it?

Do yourself a favour, and release your grip from Gustavson's nuts. You'll be able to look at things a lot more objectvely then.

Your reasoning makes no sense. Just because one spinning elbow years ago didnt hurt Bonnar more doesnt tell anything about Gustafsson. Now youre acting like everytime Jones throws a spinning elbow its the exact same punch with same power, coming from the same angle, hitting with the same spot in opponents head etc.

Lol I did find a source and you cut it out.

I'll post it again. But you'll just ignore it again because you know I just destroyed your argument -

There are only three cases of foreign fighters in championship fights having close decisions in the last like 10-years.

If you actually followed MMA you'd know that.

It's these -

GSP-Hendricks
Jones-Gus
Aldo-Edgar

Those are the ONLY ones involving a foreign fighter versus an American that went to close decision.

2 times media scores it for USA
1 time media scores it for Foreign

So it's 2-1

Aldo-Edgar wasn't a close decision so this example doesn't really prove anything. I'll give you credit for at least trying though, as I did only ask for championship matches. I should have been more specific. Just for arguments sake, lets say they weren't bias in any way period. That leaves them either blind, stupid, or bribed. Because there is no way a guy who clearly won 3 rounds like Gus did, gets a "L" after that. There is no way that insignificant leg kicks that did fuck all and one elbow that didn't even knock Gus down warranted a victory and erased all the damage Jones took and rounds Jones lost. AT BEST Jones could have scored a draw but even THAT would be controversial.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/who-do-you-think-won-jon-jones-vs-alexander-gustafsson-2564389/ wow most people thought gus won, I didn't know the fight was so close I remember being half asleep when I watched it. Now I'm really pumped for the rematch

Of course they did, because Gus did win. The large majority of people weren't imagining it, as some people in this thread would want you to believe.

Last edited:
Your reasoning makes no sense. Just because one spinning elbow years ago didnt hurt Bonnar more doesnt tell anything about Gustafsson. Now youre acting like everytime Jones throws a spinning elbow its the exact same punch with same power, coming from the same angle, hitting with the same spot in opponents head etc.

You know what's even funnier? You acting like you know what impact those elbows had at all, as if you were hit by them yourself.

Clearly, the elbow jones hit Gus with was....and I quote "The hardest elbow Jon Jones has ever thrown". LOL.

Maybe Gus just isn't the man you think he is.

You know what's even funnier? You acting like you know what impact those elbows had at all, as if you were hit by them yourself.

Clearly, the elbow jones hit Gus with was....and I quote "The hardest elbow Jon Jones has ever thrown". LOL.

Maybe Gus just isn't the man you think he is.

Yes, I cant now for sure. It just seems that way considering all the circumstances. It looked really hard and Gus seems to be a very durable fighter who doesnt get rocked easily.

He took one "beating" his entire career. He has no fight mileage whatsoever aside from his toe coming off.

It was a pretty severe beating though and not everyone can take many of those. Didn't he have to delay his fight with Glover once or twice because he still wasn't fully healed, not sure about twice but I know they had to delay it once and I've seen others say it was delayed more than once but they could have been trolling and I wasn't really paying attention to the delays much.

Back