Will it take CM Punk to get the UFC above 500,000 PPV buys this year?

TitoViaGNP

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
With the downturn in ppv sales and UFC 220 only getting around 350k buys, will it take a pro wrestler to help get them over the hump? I don't think stipe vs Cormier will do 500k. Cm punk brings in viewers and i think him on the Chicago card with maybe Garbrandt Dillashaw 2 could get the buys.

cm punk vs ul would do 1m+

the whole sherdog community will watch the unveiling of ul

He might have bought in a few extra buys the first time around but won't this time. Plus gall had something to do with that too. He's very marketable IMO.

cm punk vs ul would do 1m+

the whole sherdog community will watch the unveiling of ul
344721.jpg

promote it as cm punk vs Michael Jackson, and don't show that dudes face. it will do over 10M buys

He might have bought in a few extra buys the first time around but won't this time. Plus gall had something to do with that too. He's very marketable IMO.

I actually agree. I think gall has a lot of star potential

The only value CM Punk had was seeing if a fake fighter was secretly a good real fighter. He lost in comical fashion and it was made obvious he was meant to be a fake fighter. His only appeal now is seeing how he'll lose, and casuals don't pay $65 just to see someone lose in a funny way.

He ain't drawing anything anymore.

He drew just over 600k with Stipe vs Overeem. After that performance I can't see him coming close to 500k

With the downturn in ppv sales and UFC 220 only getting around 350k buys, will it take a pro wrestler to help get them over the hump? I don't think stipe vs Cormier will do 500k. Cm punk brings in viewers and i think him on the Chicago card with maybe Garbrandt Dillashaw 2 could get the buys.

Well the last time CM was on a PPV a supposed fight for the fans it didn’t break 500, so what makes you think it would this time?

The only value CM Punk had was seeing if a fake fighter was secretly a good real fighter. He lost in comical fashion and it was made obvious he was meant to be a fake fighter. His only appeal now is seeing how he'll lose, and casuals don't pay $65 just to see someone lose in a funny way.

He ain't drawing anything anymore.

I would watch him against Ronda. Perfect match for either to redeem themselves.
Ronda can say she even beats down UFC welterweight males and Punk at last can win a fight.

CM Punk didn’t do that well the first time and lost. I think that if they get an Ideal 226 card and they still can’t sell over 500... they really may need Conor. And what do they do when 223 DOESNT sell more than 300k

He made his opponent with more experience resort to panic wrestling. He could easily break 500K.

"They all become panic wrestlers when they face me." - CM Punk.

After all he is more popular than Micro Mouse.

He should have fought the green ranger and that would have done over 500,000.

Punk added 200 - 250k buys to that first card he was on. So that's what we're looking at for this one. If they stack the fook out of it, then it could blow big, otherwise with a regular line-up we'll get about what we did last time.

It's kind of fucked up. Seeing CM Punk fight again would be more interesting to me than seeing 90% of the things the UFC are putting together these days. I never thought it would happen but I feel like I'm finally burning out on MMA. I've been watching the sport religiously since 1999 but honestly feel like we're in the worst era for MMA yet.

The sport is a fucking joke now. It always kind of was but at least it was fun. Just go all the way with it and bring Punk back. Funnily enough, I feel like MMA is sucking worse than ever right now but pro wrestling is enjoying one of its greatest eras thanks to New Japan Pro Wrestling. When we started being inundated with MMA around 2005, I stopped following pro wrestling. Now I feel like pro wrestling is kicking MMA's arse and one of the few foreseeable MMA highlights for me would be seeing a pro wrestler who can't fight get back into the cage. MMA may be more popular than ever overall but it's in a sorry state.

Punk is totally anonymous now.

Not wanted by the UFC or the WWE.

Punk isn't putting butts in the seats in 2018.

Back