Will it take CM Punk to get the UFC above 500,000 PPV buys this year?

He might have bought in a few extra buys the first time around but won't this time. Plus gall had something to do with that too. He's very marketable IMO.
Do you really think Gall had anything to do with the buys?

I didn't know who he was until he was signed to the ufc and was the guy fighting Punk.

I didn't know who he was until he was signed to the ufc and was the guy fighting Punk.
No but he helped market the fight some with his trashtalk. I remember that card being stacked. Punk definitely bought in some buys from the wwe crowd but don't think they'll come back for this next one.

Do you think, can UFC sue Mickey Gall for loss of profits / damages , cause of fast finish of CM Punk? Could have let him dance 1-2 rounds for future marketability.

cm punk vs ul would do 1m+

the whole sherdog community will watch the unveiling of ul
No need, I was at Chuck-E-Cheese on Friday for the presentation, was tight

Where'd you get that number? MMApayouts has it at 450k...
Ha. Yeah, saw it myself later. I was probably thinking of an early estimate or a figure Dana said at the press conference. That was one that shrank a bit as real numbers came in.

The only value CM Punk had was seeing if a fake fighter was secretly a good real fighter. He lost in comical fashion and it was made obvious he was meant to be a fake fighter. His only appeal now is seeing how he'll lose, and casuals don't pay $65 just to see someone lose in a funny way.

He ain't drawing anything anymore.
He has a pretty strong fan base in pro wrestling, win or lose. They will tune in again - especially if it’s in Chicago against a relatively beatable opponent.

promote it as cm punk vs Michael Jackson, and don't show that dudes face. it will do over 10M buys
And they can coincidentally have Dangerous or Bad playing in the background for the PPV commercial.

After seeing his first fight, I think any public demand he had from the wrestling fans coming over to watch MMA probably died. Highly doubt he gets 500K+ buys on any PPV card.

With the downturn in ppv sales and UFC 220 only getting around 350k buys, will it take a pro wrestler to help get them over the hump? I don't think stipe vs Cormier will do 500k. Cm punk brings in viewers and i think him on the Chicago card with maybe Garbrandt Dillashaw 2 could get the buys.
203 didn't quite break 500k, so I doubt it. I don't see how he draws more after a loss & he won't have the HW champ fighting on the card. Maaybe if the main has 3 great fights to go with Punk & Gadelha fights which will almost certainly be on the ppv.

Whittaker vs Yoel 2
Max vs Frankie
Blaydes vs Cain
Punk vs Jackson
Gadelha vs Esparza

That may break 500k, probably like 450 tho. I think Nate could do 500k tho. He isn't a Conor or even GSP type draw but I think he can draw on the level on Jones. In fact Nate & Jones are the only fighters my friends ask about outside of Connie.

Lol but prolly true. Man does the UFC suck. And suck a big one.

Should have done CM Punk vs BJ Penn. BJ hasn't had a win since 2010..

I can see it. Those crazy WWE Fans are worse than Casuals when it comes to their guys fighting UFC... Hey Dana... Better make that money while you can.

The guy had one fight in the UFC at the time. And, a record of 2-0 in mma. His other fight was in something called Dead Serious MMA. For ppl to think ANYBODY bought that card because of Gall, is just ridiculous.

Meanwhile the hometown hero of Cleveland was defending for the first time against a guy lots had labeled the GOAT. It’s just silly to attribute any sales to Gall.

It’s more likely some may have bought hoping to see Punk lose. But, certainly having no fuckin idea who the scrub was that he was fighting.

If ppl know him now. It’s because of that fight. Not from before it.

UFC 203 with CM Punks debut and Stipe vs. Overeem only did 460k so I don't see how Stipe vs. Cormier and Punk does more. Overeem is a bigger draw than Cormier and Stipe

Back