Media Will Fury continue to duck Usyk for the rest of his career?

I have a very hard time believing Fury, who fought the most dangerous puncher in the sport three times is afraid of Usyk

Then why doesn’t he agree to fight him at the start of next year then. Does anyone really begrudge usyk taking some time after his recent fight, especially considering what’s been going on his life in the last 9 months.

Is it even reasonable to expect usyk to sign up for a unification fight only 3 months after his huge rematch with Joshua. 2 hugely significant fights in 3 months. Who has ever done that in the modern era? Fury has fought twice in the last 2 year, which has pretty much been his average for the 14 years he’s been a pro.

Anyone making excuses for fury if this doesn’t happen next/at all is either gullible as fuck or just being disingenuous. Literally no one believes that usyk will duck anyone, based on his previous, other than fury fans

I have a very hard time believing Fury, who fought the most dangerous puncher in the sport three times is afraid of Usyk
I dont know if its like afraid in the normal sense of the word. I do believe Usyk is a high risk low reward fight. Fury doesn't gain really anything from it. Even if he unified the belts people will say a giant beat an outmatched undersized cruiserweight. Especially if he doesn't finish the guy even when Usyk is one of the most durable fighters around. Even if Fury wins on points he will never get the credit due.
I dont think this should be an excuse to stop the fight from happening, because it needs to happen for the fans & the division. I do see how its a lose lose for Fury though.

Bunch of idiots think the guy who gave Wilder 3 chances to KO him is afraid of Usyk. The hold up is what always holds up these matches: money and promotions. The business side of boxing is the worst part of the sport. It takes the stars to align to make these desired matchups to happen. Whenever there is that much money on the line, they will take years to agree on how much they deserve.

Mods please delete this thread. OP suggests Fury has been ducking Usyk alrdy hence the word CONTINUE.

Please tell me 1 specific date that Fury ducked Usyk. Otherwise f off troll
Oh no an angry Fury simp can't handle the truth.

Oh no an angry Fury simp can't handle the truth.

Kind of annoyed that Fury is going to fight Joshua and Usyk Wilder...literally fighting each others losers.

Usyk is a great fighter and Fury entertaining AF

Fury isn't afraid of Usyk but he does seem reluctant to risk his undefeated record against him. Clearly he has some reservations. He's now had a couple opportunities and turned them both down. Make of that what you will. Bellew's take on it is spot on.

“I don’t want to say he doesn’t fancy it against Oleksandr Usyk but let’s be honest, it’s not an easy proposition is it?

“He’s had two opportunities now to face Oleksandr Usyk and he’s knocked them both back. That’s not my opinion, that’s a fact. For someone who is a so-called middleweight, I don’t see what the problem is.

“’You’re a middleweight, you’re a middleweight.’ That’s all I hear! Why not just beat the middleweight up? I would if I were you." He added. “And then you’ve got all the belts, you’ve achieved everything in boxing. You’ve cleaned out a division, you’ve cleaned out an era and can ride off into the sunset."

Tony Bellew makes Oleksandr Usyk claim about Tyson Fury as Anthony Joshua fight agreed

Until someone beats him or he actually retires…..Fury is the champ

What a big puncher who he'll definitely beat by being the far superior boxer vs. a not so big puncher but even more skillful boxer that will push him for every second of every round and make him look clumsy in process? Yeah I don't get it..... it's almost as if he's more afraid of a high risk of losing his unbeaten record rather than being at low risk of getting knocked out. Fury makes no sense...

What a big puncher who he'll definitely beat by being the far superior boxer vs. a not so big puncher but even more skillful boxer that will push him for every second of every round and make him look clumsy in process? Yeah I don't get it..... it's almost as if he's more afraid of a high risk of losing his unbeaten record rather than being at low risk of getting knocked out. Fury makes no sense...

Fury sees himself as being in the position to call the shots (rightly or wrongly, as the big draw).

In Fury's head, if he only wants a couple more fights and then off to the sunset, he wants AJ first, to sort the Battle of Britain thing, add to his resume and put that to bed. He wants it first because it's lower stakes, AJ has no belts now and Fury would be very confident he has 5x the ringcraft and 5x the skills that AJ has. Do the easy first.

Then as the grand finale, go for all the belts vs Usyk. Play the big risk last. Ride off to the sunset with all the belts (if you win).

He doesn't seem hugely interested in winning all the belts and THEN defending them vs lesser fighters ad nauseam. He's never operated that way so far. Been more willing to give belts up & pick & choose big name fights. Why finish on a come down?

Fury and Joyce have a bit of a pally history. Joyce sparring for Fury when he was at his absolute lowest but still coming out saying nice things, helping Fury sell his fights etc. Not totally surprising Fury bigs him up in return, help Joe get paid.

WTF knows who Fury will fight next. But I doubt it's Joe at any stage.

I think there’s a fair chance this fight won’t happen based on all of the recent nonsense. Wilder seems up for fighting usyk so maybe that can be made early next year instead

There's more money in an AJ fight... it's NEVER ducking to take the bigger money fight.

There's more money in an AJ fight... it's NEVER ducking to take the bigger money fight.
This used to be true but isn't anymore. Fury vs AJ in Britain today wouldn't fetch anywhere near what Fury vs Usyk would pull in Saudi. The Saudis are willing to put up $140 million just to secure that undisputed fight. That's just the site fee alone and at a 50/50 split that's $70 million apiece and it'd be guaranteed. Fury vs Usyk is now both the most important legacy fight for Fury as well as the biggest money fight.

Back