Media Will Fury continue to duck Usyk for the rest of his career?

Stain on his legacy if so. It's the most interesting and significant matchup in boxing even over Spence Bud IMO and Fury KNOWS Usyk is his biggest challenge. Let's see

Ppl mentioning Fury's size advantage over Usyk have no idea what they're talking about that gives his game even more issues than guys his size. His infighting is negated and Usyks movement, southpaw tricks, footwork would cause him all sorts of problems. Usyk is durable AF too he ate shots from AJ and couple murderous CW punchers like Gassiev who Arreola said was the hardest puncher he's fought

Usyk could get clobbered in that one.

fury's sloppiness would be highlighted even further with usyk boxing him up.

and when has usyk fought a slow paced fight? he's far more active and mobile than anyone fury has faced. i see him dancing circles around fury and chipping away, much like he does with everyone else.

whether or not that's enough to win is a different matter, but as far as technique goes, usyk makes him look like a god damn fool. people were saying AJ was too big too, and the ukranian made him look like a beginner in spots, size playing almost no factor at all. this narrative that usyk is too small for the bigger heavyweights is weird.

Usyk would get bullied and stopped. Wilder couldn't stop him.Usyk has no chance.

Fury wants to fight Chisora & Joshua but doesn't want any part of Usyk. Strange.

True but the idea behind facing Helenius and then Ruiz is to become the WBC's mandatory challenger (or "official challenger" in their nomenclature). Wilder's already their No. 1 rated contender but they're requiring him to earn it by winning his title eliminator against Helenius and then facing Ruiz in the final (who just won his own title eliminator against Ortiz). However, yeah, he could simply pursue Usyk instead. He's got 3 of the 4 titles so it'd be even more appealing. Usyk did say recently that he's interested in fighting Wilder and not just Fury. Those are the only two guys on his radar. If it were to happen though we wouldn't see it until after Usyk fights Fury for undisputed. It's too much risk to assume before fighting for all the marbles.

My perspicacity is unmatched. This is all going exactly how Fury wants it to go.

My perspicacity is unmatched. This is all going exactly how Fury wants it to go.

I read this over at The Ring's site several hours ago. If Usyk fights Wilder next then his manager should be fired. That would be the dumbest move ever given that Fury and Usyk are the last two men standing in the division with all of the titles. There's no reason for him to risk the biggest payday of his career to fight someone as high risk & low reward as Wilder. On the other hand it may just be a bluff given that Fury went after his rival in AJ so now Usyk wants Fury to think that he's going after his respective rival in Wilder.

I read this over at The Ring's site several hours ago. If Usyk fights Wilder next then his manager should be fired. That would be the dumbest move ever given that Fury and Usyk are the last two men standing in the division with all of the titles. There's no reason for him to risk the biggest payday of his career to fight someone as high risk & low reward as Wilder. On the other hand it may just be a bluff given that Fury went after his rival in AJ so now Usyk wants Fury to think that he's going after his respective rival in Wilder.
All true.

If Usyk dominates Wilder however, it will add to the hype for Usyk/Fury. Risk definitely isn’t worth that but Usyk appears to just want to fight.

All true.

If Usyk dominates Wilder however, it will add to the hype for Usyk/Fury. Risk definitely isn’t worth that but Usyk appears to just want to fight.
If he dominated Wilder then it'd surely enhance an undisputed showdown with Fury but the risk of Wilder flatlining him is too high to take that fight. He'd literally make 3–4× more against Fury for undisputed in Saudi than he would against Wilder in the States. If he loses to Wilder he'd be out roughly $75m. It would be the biggest fail in recent memory. The risk just isn't worth the reward in the slightest. Surely his manager Egis Klimas knows this. Otherwise he probably wouldn't be a 3× BWAA Manager of the Year. I hope that Usyk is merely bluffing Fury but who knows.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1200173/afraid-oleksandr-usyk-tyson-fury-anthony-joshua/

SCARED ‘He is afraid’ – Oleksandr Usyk taunts Tyson Fury for trying to fight Anthony Joshua as he jokes he won’t even watch their fight if it happens

oleksandr-usyk-celebrates-belts-victory-anthony-joshua.jpg

Following his rematch win over AJ, Usyk was hoping for an undisputed heavyweight title clash with Fury.

However, he said he does not intend to return to the ring until early next year due to injury recurrences and the fact he wants to spend time with his family after returning home to his war-torn country.

As a result, Fury is insisting that he will not wait for Usyk to be ready and instead plans to fight in December, ideally against Joshua.

Usyk was asked for his thoughts on this during an interview on his USYK17 YouTube channel and replied: “Well, if they sign the fight contract, they will punch each other for a while.

/

Usyk then took aim at Fury, seemingly less than impressed by social media remarks from the Gypsy King in recent weeks.

“Despite his toughness and how he is generally described, he is afraid,” the Ukrainian claimed.

“Yes, of me.”

Usyk isn't the most appealing fight to Fury. Fury is built for exposing men of his own size that have way less skill. He never looked good against smaller, skilled opponents.

If he beats Usyk he looks like a bully. But if he loses, or struggles, he looks like a bum. I'm sure Fury has seen the tapes of legendary heavyweights like Ali, Holmes, Louis going up against smaller spoilers, they were made to look very bad.

Fury's not looking forward to fighting Usyk, that's for sure.

all 4 fucking belts. the fight between Fury and Usyk would be for ALL FOUR FUCKING BELTS IN THE HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION. that shit doesnt happen in boxing, let alone with Heavyweights. this is literally the only point anyone needs to defend why Fury-Usyk should get made. you want one undefeated, undisputed champion? you make that fucking fight. it will sell, no matter what egghead thinks it wont. people want to see one champion and it would be good for boxing as a whole.

It's kind of whack. Who in the world cared for an AJ Fury fight at this point? Should've had AJ Wilder and Fury Usyk.

Stain on his legacy if so. It's the most interesting and significant matchup in boxing even over Spence Bud IMO and Fury KNOWS Usyk is his biggest challenge. Let's see

Ppl mentioning Fury's size advantage over Usyk have no idea what they're talking about that gives his game even more issues than guys his size. His infighting is negated and Usyks movement, southpaw tricks, footwork would cause him all sorts of problems. Usyk is durable AF too he ate shots from AJ and couple murderous CW punchers like Gassiev who Arreola said was the hardest puncher he's fought

I like Usyk overall more, but I think Fury beats Usyk.

He is just smart enough to plan long term. Reckon he sees himself smashing/dominating Joshua and paving the way for their fight.

Back