Will Conor find it harder to KO Diaz than RDA?

I wouldn't call Nate mid tier, he is the number 5 ranked LW in a division of 114 fighters, so he is very much a top tier LW, he's just not elite like RDA.
Fair enough but I just don't rate him, his win over Johnson was a huge upset to me. Before that he'd of been lucky to break the top 10

In short, yes. Diaz has pretty solid chin. This fight will be competitive as long as Diaz was/is in remotely good shape. I don't think he's lost his fundamentals.

I rewatched Mcgregor/Holloway and I attribute the fact that it went to decision to Holloway being a taller opponent with more reach than Conor is used to. And he survived McG's crosses.

Diaz is a bit taller than Holloway and has an even longer reach. Chin should be on par if not better. This will be no walk in the park for Mcgregor if Diaz stayed conditioned. Fuck the stockton slap; if he gets dazed with even one punch, he's going to get hit with 2 more back to back. Diaz is pretty accurate and can pour on relentless pressure. I'd bet on McGregor, but I'm still excited for this fight.

I think McG beats Diaz. But I'm not convinced it'll be as straight forward as some might think.

how in the fuck would we know? lol

Time will tell. The only issue I have with this fight is Diaz has every excuse in the book to lay down. Having only 2 weeks notice..Hope I'm wrong.

And?

It's hardly an excuse. It's a legitimate point to make. He has had under two weeks to prepare himself both physically and mentally for this fight.

It is not an excuse, it is a point.

Nate wont be scared like rda but nah wont make a difference

Poor Nick had to throw the towel in to stop his bro getting killed.

You just proved Nate isn't a pussy and got wrestled fucked by a ok boxer, Conor isn't going to be taking Diaz down, and Diaz isn't going to get Cowboy'd or Aldo'd.

Wonderboy > McGregor in both size and skill. Other than a powerful dick beater what does Conor possess. Wonderboy has scary kicks and punches and is bigger. Don't expect that to happen again unless Thompson is opposite Diaz.

Wonderboy is Stephen Thompson. Nate lost to Josh Thompson, and that was at 155.

Yes.

1. Diaz has a tougher chin

2. Diaz has a reach advantage on Conor while RDA doesn't. Its a lot easier to counter KO a shorter fighter who is rushing in to close the distance.

1.Diaz has a better chin that's for sure but that's not to say RDA doesn't have one in his own right

2.both men are hittable but RDA tends to leave himself open a little more with his wild striking

3.Diaz has the reach to match Conner's so its not like he has to struggle to get on the inside

Wonderboy > McGregor in both size and skill. Other than a powerful dick beater what does Conor possess. Wonderboy has scary kicks and punches and is bigger. Don't expect that to happen again unless Thompson is opposite Diaz.

Man you need to stop getting upset on the Internet. Also, Wonderboy may have better kicks but McGregor is a better boxer.

PS it's Thomson not Thompson.

You just proved Nate isn't a pussy and got wrestled fucked by a ok boxer, Conor isn't going to be taking Diaz down, and Diaz isn't going to get Cowboy'd or Aldo'd.
Wrestle fucked? He got sparked and finished with a headkick.

Diaz probably has a better chin but he's an easier target so it's hard to say.

Wrestle fucked? He got sparked and finished with a headkick.

He had constant thread of being taken down made him hesitant on the stand up no doubt he got his ass kicked, just a completely different matchup than Conor and we seen a new Diaz last fight and the Thompson was 3 years ago.

He had constant thread of being taken down made him hesitant on the stand up no doubt he got his ass kicked, just a completely different matchup than Conor and we seen a new Diaz last fight and the Thompson was 3 years ago.

Diaz fights with his chin in the air and his feet flat. You're delusional if you think Nate has better boxing too.

209 dont lay down for no one.
hqdefault.jpg

Diaz fights with his chin in the air and his feet flat. You're delusional if you think Nate has better boxing too.

Diaz has been "tko'd" one time in his career at 28? pro fights. Has faught pro boxers and people like Melvin gulliard. I never said his boxing was better. You are delusional if you think Conor is going to steam roll him.

Back