Will Conor find it harder to KO Diaz than RDA?

ivory suit

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking ofcourse;

A lot of comments on sherdog about the RDA fight was that Conor only has to connect his left hand once and it could be all over for RDA.

Since the Diaz fight has been announced, there hasn't been as much talk about Conors one punch power.

Is this coz Diaz has a better chin?
Will a welterweight be harder to KO than a 155er?
Will Diaz' reach help him?

Time will tell. The only issue I have with this fight is Diaz has every excuse in the book to lay down. Having only 2 weeks notice..Hope I'm wrong.

209 dont lay down for no one.
11-Nate-Diaz-vs.-Josh-Thomson-3-1.gif

760501111.gif

Poor Nick had to throw the towel in to stop his bro getting killed.

Diaz is the easier fight, but not sure who has the better chin...

On the contrary, Conor is going to have a much smaller window each round to land something against RDA before he's on his back. Diaz is a slow, mid tier 155er (not WW) with no wrestling game and a very overrated striking game. Even if he does have a better chin, hes going to get hit a lot.

On the contrary, Conor is going to have a much smaller window each round to land something against RDA before he's on his back. Diaz is a slow, mid tier 155er (not WW) with no wrestling game and a very overrated striking game. Even if he does have a better chin, hes going to get hit a lot.
I don't think his striking is overrated. But with that said, he's probably getting KO'd. His length may be able to keep him in the fight for a few rounds but he allows himself to get hit too much.

I wouldn't call Nate mid tier, he is the number 5 ranked LW in a division of 114 fighters, so he is very much a top tier LW, he's just not elite like RDA.

I think Nates the tougher fight for McGregor as he's more likely to taunt McGregor to box which will be his downfall

Nate can land head shots from outside with his reach if he withstands the incoming body attack

This could turn out like Rousey-Holm with Conor getting slowly rocked and then beat on

You think RDA is better at takedowns than Mendes?

I think Nates the tougher fight for McGregor as he's more likely to taunt McGregor to box which will be his downfall

Nate can land head shots from outside with his reach if he withstands the incoming body attack

This could turn out like Rousey-Holm with Conor getting slowly rocked and then beat on
haha you're so optimistic

RDA probably would have got dropped, diaz you know can take a long beating.

Hypothetically speaking ofcourse;

A lot of comments on sherdog about the RDA fight was that Conor only has to connect his left hand once and it could be all over for RDA.

Since the Diaz fight has been announced, there hasn't been as much talk about Conors one punch power.

Is this coz Diaz has a better chin?
Will a welterweight be harder to KO than a 155er?
Will Diaz' reach help him?

I don't know who has a better chin but I do know they are both 155ers.

Time will tell. The only issue I have with this fight is Diaz has every excuse in the book to lay down. Having only 2 weeks notice..Hope I'm wrong.

That would be a perfectly valid excuse though. Why should Conor get praise for beating 11th hour opponents as if they are legit wins?

Nate might have an even better chin without the weight cut

Rihcard Perez has aready said that Nate has been training, he's not been fishing like Mendes.

Nate Diaz himself just said he trains year round to fight also.

Now that aint a fight camp so he will be able to use the excuse to some extent, but I think it will balance itself out when you consider the size difference.

But alas, I know Conor will get no credit from certain sections of sherdog no matter what happens in this fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back