Will Conor be shook come fight night?

No, just the irony of everyone whining about whatever conor says and then using his words more than anyone else.

I'm starting to think the haters are nutthugging him.

I agree, to a certain extent, I occasionally enjoy some of Conor's schtick - just occasionally, however, he is too obnoxious e.g. calling Siver a Nazi.

However, any trash talk he's throwing Nate's way this time is fair game - he's gotta promote like he always has, cos that's all he has left - can't claim to be the best anymore.

Bring on the rematch.

of course he wont be "shook" lol, he's dealt with defeats before..... he's not a rookie
not really the same, he was a no name before,loosing to another no name, no one gives a fuck about that. This time was on the top of his career,just beat the FW goat with 1 punch in 13 seconds, aiming for the LW belt,being a two divisional champ in a mayor promotion is something that just 3 guys can say. That loss took his Fedoresque aura.

No, just the irony of everyone whining about whatever conor says and then using his words more than anyone else.

I'm starting to think the haters are nutthugging him.
What about your own irony, the pathetic attempt to save face kind of whining because you obviously know you have nothing else left kind of crying irony? What about that?

not really the same, he was a no name before,loosing to another no name, no one gives a fuck about that. This time was on the top of his career,just beat the FW goat with 1 punch in 13 seconds, aiming for the LW belt,being a two divisional champ in a mayor promotion is something that just 3 guys can say. That loss took his Fedoresque aura.
he gave a fuck about that..... which is all that matters. He got complacent after the Aldo win, he recognises that.... and adjustments will have been made.

Could very well be. But I don't think, contrary to opinion, Conor thought he was invincible or unbeatable. I think if he accepts the loss and moves on from it, I don't think it'll affect him. He references when the first fight with Aldo at 189 was supposed to happen and the in the lead up not being able to train as being mentally taxing as opposed to competing in a sport where the more you fight, you'll eventually lose (again) That's part and parcel of the job.

But Conor asked for the rematch. Yes, it makes no sense aside from the $$$ it will generate, but a lot of fighters sometimes need that loss to do things differently, get that fire in their belly, etc.

I think the loss to Diaz will be the former from Conor's perspective. Conor was definitely at more of an advantage than Diaz, but people don't bring up that he took another short notice fight when he could have sat out and waited for his title shot and that was his first time fighting with a bit more weight on him.

He'll have time to condition himself and game plan this time round as will Diaz, so, hopefully both of them come in as least banged up as possible.

ufc-196-diaz-watermarked.gif
You have to be pretty shook to shoot this panic double. I think when they face each other again Conor doesn't even bother to stand with Nate. He probably panics immediately, shoots a double from half way across the octagon, gives up his back, lets Nate get the rear naked choke for free, then taps before it's even sunk in instead of going out like a warrior like Holly Holm did.

every time I see the replay , I am surprised of how easy was for Nate on the ground ...I know , Nate has v. good BJJ , but nevertheless , at this level ....so easy , Jesus ...
something else , I saw some interview with Tyson some years ago .....he said that he thinks his downfall begun once he lost his humility and started treating his oponents like ...easy money .
Nate said at O`Brien that befor every fight he thinks .....shit . I hope I don`t get KO ....

Last edited:
every time I see the replay , I am surprised of how easy was for Nate on the ground ...I know , Nate has v. good BJJ , but nevertheless , at this level ....so easy , Jesus ...
Nate is a high level bjj guy for mma,no really someone you want to go to the ground with, specially if you're hurt

He'll be fine, nice and calm, then Diaz will slap him in the head and he won't be calm anymore.

Yes, it's been sad and unconvincing which is why I wrote what I did.
This. Nate doesn't give a fuck and no one else seems to either. After being humiliated his shtick has fallen flat. It reeks of desperation. Beating #2 on its way.

well of course.

he got dominated by a superior fighter.

look at this reaction...

giphy.gif

does that look like somebody with confidence?

nate n conor relationship is what we call alpha n beta relationship in animal kingdom

standingoverpushoff.jpg

GettyImages-513971506.jpg

lion_and_lioness_before_marriage.jpg

160307111738-conor-mcgregor-v-nate-diaz-ufc-exlarge-169.jpg

giphy.gif

Nate is a high level bjj guy for mma,no really someone you want to go to the ground with, specially if you're hurt
FastTracker ..I know ..but nevertheless , at this level ....you must be prepared in everything ...bjj , grapling , striking and so on .
Anyway , can`t wait for the rematch ;)

In Conors head it was his own mistakes that lost the fight not what Nate did. So I doubt he will be afraid of Nate. He sure wasn't in there first fight.

I'm by no means a Conor fan but the guys a pro and regardless of if he actually believes he can win or not he will show and put on a performance, he's all about the bank account, am I right?

of course he wont be "shook" lol, he's dealt with defeats before..... he's not a rookie
Well the nuthugger here is right... he is not a rookie, but he doubtless would be so relaxed like pre Stockton Slap. Deal with it.

How calm he was for the walkout against Aldo was amazing to me, but I think it is different this time around. Its crazy what a loss can do to people.

So will the nerves be apparent come fight night like Silva in the second Weidman fight?
Conor thinks the loss was a fluke and that he wins 99/100 times. He'll probably come in the same way he did. And I'll be a happy man if Nate KOs him this time.

You have no idea what you are talking about. He's made fun of him on Conan, at the press conference, and on twitter/facebook/Instagram.

You're just peddling the same tired rhetoric.

Conor is no different. A bit more focus on the fight, but nothing else has changed.
Hold the phones guy I See Stifness, the worst posting idiot on all of sherdog, once again has struck gold.

Yes because talking shit about the other guys wardrobe choice on Conan shows nerves of steel.

Dude you're going to be late for arithmetic. Hurry along to 2nd grade.

Back