Will anyone rank Pacquioa higher than Floyd if he beats JMM?

Rayrobinson#1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Pacquioa today is the only legitimate threat to Floyd as the P4P king. If you really look at assuming Pac beats JMM (okay big assumption but if he does) then he will have beaten 3 top 10 pound 4 pound fighters. Barrera and Morales were both top 10 P4P when Manny beat them. Morales had fallen a bit but he was still highly rated. Barrera was in top 5. Now JMM is in the top 5.

If Pac beats JMM he has beaten some great competition. Floyd is magical in the ring but Pac of late has accomplished nearly as much.

I would probably still rate Floyd #1 but I could see where some people would have Pac #1

how about this, if Pac wins and Floyd fails to put together a fight against Cotto by the end of this year or very beginning of next year, I'll put Pac ahead of him. If Floyd hasn't signed to fight Cotto by February of 09, I'm def putting Pac ahead

A lot of people rank Floyd #1 either by default, or because of wins in higher weight classes where Pac has moved up, or because of what he does in the ring.

IMO Pac has the more legitimate claim based on resume. Even his stay-busy competition were dangerous winning Fighters. For some reason people don't look at out-boxing MAB as that big a deal in the second fight, but if he beats JMM IMO that does it for him until/unless Floyd beats Cotto.

^ ESPECIALLY if Manny wrecks um *crosses fingers*

The more pressure on Floyd the better, so here's to hoping JMM dies via laser beams out Manny's eyes.

If he beats Marquez than moves up and beats one of the Diaz's hes number 1 P4P in my opinion.

If he beats Marquez than moves up and beats one of the Diaz's hes number 1 P4P in my opinion.

in his interviews he said he wanted to fight hatton next, possibly a challenge later against mayweather?

I agree w/ King, Pacman has fought the best and defeated them and if he wins over JMM he will be the best p4P fighter. Floyd is up there but Pacs fights have always been explosive and excitng not to count the last 2 where Pac was distracted and he had a fighter in Barrera who just wanted to survive He can move to another weight and fight the Diaz' but a fight w/ Hatton imho is crazy to take. Im a big fan of pac but Hatton is just too big and strong for Manny.

PAC needs to beat JMM Convincinglly(KO) to be in the #1 P4P.

I think Mayweather is likely #1 til he loses -- unless, of course, he goes Fedor on us. Mayweather fights pretty good competition across a lot of weight classes, and that is enough to keep him on top imo. Pac is a very close 2nd though. But I am taking JMM to win this fight. I actually thought he won the first fight.

I'll certainly spell his name right, regardless of whether he beats JMM or not.

A lot of people honestly rank him higher on the p4p list already. Floyd's best weight is not 147, he's about 3 classes too big now.

i dont think pacman will be #1 p4p even if he beats marquz...

This is a simple question.

No fucking way.
PFP, Floyd is so drastically superior to Pacquiau it's not even funny. It's down right ludicrous to contemplate.

Pacman wins with heart, aggression, and power, Floyd wins with skill.

Who's more entertaining to watch?
Who would you rather watch?
Those could be debated, but as to who is #1 PFP, it's not even close.

No fucking way.
PFP, Floyd is so drastically superior to Pacquiau it's not even funny. It's down right ludicrous to contemplate.

done and done.

Depends entirely on how Manny wins. Best he can hope for, though, is "split recognition". Until Floyd loses, he won't be unanimously demoted.

No fucking way.

Terrible post. The idea of P4P is about who is more productive against the better Fighters at their current weight. Period.

In the manner P4P is MEANT to be debated, it's not ludicrous at all.

Depends entirely on how Manny wins. Best he can hope for, though, is "split recognition". Until Floyd loses, he won't be unanimously demoted.

Maybe not unanimously demoted, but many people are gonna start arguing for Pacman.
A win over JMM and Pac certainly has a very strong arguement for P4P King, and especially if Floyd doesnt fight Cotto by early next year.
Now if Floyd fights and beats and undefeated Cotto late this year early next, its unlikely anyone will challenge his ranking.

Terrible post. The idea of P4P is about who is more productive against the better Fighters at their current weight. Period.

In the manner P4P is MEANT to be debated, it's not ludicrous at all.
Really KK? Since when is P4P a measure of a fighter's dominance over a given weightclass?

I've always believed that P4P referred to a fighter being the best boxer on the planet, regardless of weightclass. Manny is far from a complete fighter, and if he were to jump up the number of weightclasses that PBF has, he would be tooled in short order IMO.

By your standards, if PBF went up to HW and got KTFO, he wouldn't rank in P4P any longer because you'd only consider his success against HW's. A bit silly don't you think?

Back