will Aldo's chin be able to take more punishment?

tommy_joe20

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
After mendes vs aldo 2, we've seen a major deterioration in their ability to absorb a shot. Everyone knows aldo couldn't take this fight because of the heavy KO, but do you think he can ever recover from it? He should have just taken a step back and recovered but himself/trainer/manager has made him look foolish. As a huge aldo fan I don't think he'll ever be the same ...

I have an analysis for a different body part of his besides his chin.

I think Conor took his heart.

I have an analysis for a different body part of his besides his chin.

I think Conor took his heart.
You gotta admit though, after that war it jus seems that both chad and José punch durability are defo on their way out. After tasting the darkness of a knockout punch for the first time you can't just get up and brush it off. Look what happened to chad

Aldos chin is fine. Probably. Maybe.....

Let me rephrase. Aldos chin is gone.

Hold on,ill ask him

No telling. Some guys can get KO'd and keep a great chin. Rampage comes to mind. Other guys just completely lose their ability to take a punch. Chuck comes to mind.

But I agree with the above poster, the mental hurdle of getting KO'd in 13 seconds may be the tougher one to overcome.

Hold on,ill ask him
87071-Caddyshack-gif-well-were-waiti-ZRtq.gif

Losing in 13 secs ruins people. If his chin isnt gone his mind is.

We'll see. If Bisping can come back and have a career after getting h bombed,i guess anything is possible.

1 KO doesn't mean you lose your chin, especially if you're still fairly young. He should be fine as long as he didn't rush into training too soon... which he apparently did.... Soo uhm...

Mendes chin was fine until he fought Conor. Then he was done. Losing to Edgar like he did only happens to those who doesn't can't take a hit.

RDA got knocked out just as bad by jeremy stephens, he seems to have recovered ok. aldo will have his belt back within a year. he'll get his revenge on conor at bellator 400 in 20 years from now.

One knockout isn't going to take his chin. 1,000 gym wars and then a knockout could do it but we won't know until we see him in the cage again. Don't be so quick to bury these guys.

He will be fine if he gives himself enough time to heal properly.

We'll see. If Bisping can come back and have a career after getting h bombed,i guess anything is possible.
Well damn. Thats a great fucking point.

You gotta admit though, after that war it jus seems that both chad and José punch durability are defo on their way out. After tasting the darkness of a knockout punch for the first time you can't just get up and brush it off. Look what happened to chad

Yeah, I guess a person's brain will never truly fully recover after that kind of knockout. The effect may be minimal, or drastic, but there probably will be an effect.

Back