Wilder was 208 pounds (fight night) vs Fury ...

definitely bigger, because he'll think that'll make a positive difference, he's wrong. Heavyweights of other eras didn't see extra weight as anything particularly helpful. also, i thought he was 211? Still light but the size issue is overstated in heavyweight boxing.

definitely bigger, because he'll think that'll make a positive difference, he's wrong. Heavyweights of other eras didn't see extra weight as anything particularly helpful. also, i thought he was 211? Still light but the size issue is overstated in heavyweight boxing.

Yes, but he was 208 fight night ... he cant keep weight on haha.

that's good, extra weight won't help but these guys today are basically amateurs, (that's the problem) and he'll think all he needs to do is gain weight. The problem is he has no skills, was losing the fight in every way outside of a couple moments. I'm counting on fury to devise a strategy to minimize Wilder's right hand usage, (moving to his right more, staying out or in of a certain range when he's at the angle for the right). Fury is smart enough to win easily.

Last edited:
He'll be about the same, within 5 pounds or so, I'd guess.

Wilder will be about 220 lbs and Fury will be about 250 lbs.
So Fury will have about a 30 lb weight advantage!
The difference between welterweight and light heavyweight is 28 lbs.

Ali made it an effort to put on 10lbs within 9 months after being dropped by Banks

Ali made it an effort to put on 10lbs within 9 months after being dropped by Banks
Louis cut weight to ensure that he wasn't over 200 when fighting Conn. He didn't like to optics of a 202 lbs. guy beating up a 174lbs opponent. So, he cut weight on a "weigh-in-on-the-day-of-the-fight" fight.

Even though it was just a fraction of his weight, it greatly effected his performance that night.

Judging from his career weigh in stats, he'll probably weigh in several lbs heavier than that. His weight for the Fury fight the first go around, he weighed in at 212.5 which, if I'm not mistaken, was the lightest he's ever weighed in except for his pro debut all the way back in '08 when he was only 23 y/o.

I recently looked up his avg weight over his last 10 fights, and even tho I'm retarded when it comes to math, I can't be that far off when I have it calculated as an avg of about 222.5. So even if he does come in lighter than usual, he should be bigger than what he weighed the for the first fight and a good deal heavier if we're working w/ the averages.

Deontay also has always weighed in under 230 for every single one of his fights and has rarely dipped below 215. So he has about 14 or 15lbs of wiggle room and I'd say that he probably comes in on the lighter side around 220 give or take a cpl lbs for this fight, but obv I'm just guessing here.

That's another thing about Wilder. He always comes in at tip top conditioning and shape. Which is a huge advantage in this division.

He does tend to get naturally gassed a little when the opponents pressure him and push the pace on him. However, he survives and recovers nicely while keeping that power.
His team and camp dont get enough credit either.

that's good, extra weight won't help but these guys today are basically amateurs, (that's the problem) and he'll think all he needs to do is gain weight. The problem is he has no skills, was losing the fight in every way outside of a couple moments. I'm counting on fury to devise a strategy to minimize Wilder's right hand usage, (moving to his right more, staying out or in of a certain range when he's at the angle for the right). Fury is smart enough to win easily.
If you take away all the rounds that Fury won, then Wilder wins...

I don't picture wilder changing anything to his routine. So far it's been pretty successful. He's so light he may get muscled around at some point but so far no one took the fight to him consistently enough - it may be the key to beat him provided you don't get caught coming in.

I don't picture wilder changing anything to his routine. So far it's been pretty successful. He's so light he may get muscled around at some point but so far no one took the fight to him consistently enough - it may be the key to beat him provided you don't get caught coming in.

He always wanted to be 245 lbs. Im sure he would lose some speed, but hes already suuper fast and explosive.

maybe one day ...

EvilJoyousHellbender-size_restricted.gif

He will be slightly heavier. Coming in that low the first time around suggests he overtrained a bit imo

Why all the separate threads this week? Can't you just pose the question(s)/comment(s) in the Wilder/Fury 2 thread?
<Fedor23>

Why all the separate threads this week? Can't you just pose the question(s)/comment(s) in the Wilder/Fury 2 thread?
<Fedor23>

In the heavies this is how you get attention.

Back