Wife and Mom tension

Your mom liking trump hurts your wife? Why do people get so emotional about politics? Just lmao at getting butthurt over it. Your wife sounds like a peach.

When people say things around me that I don't agree with, i laugh in their face at the absurdity of it

not get offended.

Sticks and stones still applies, as it always has

I guess we were reading two different replies. The way I read it is he saw it as I had an issue with her political views. He also added zero to the thread by initially posting a picture of a 45 emblazed with TRUMP on the side. I mentioned in the OP that it wasn't about her political beliefs, it was about her attitude towards someone she cared about. It wasn't a woman getting excited about Trump supporters. She told me to honk and show my support. I said "no thanks" politely and kept driving and she started cheering. She knew where my wife and I stood on the issue but kept pressing. We didn't say anything but my father did. Why would that he do that? She was being obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious and my father spoke to her about it.

It wasn't about the political views. I tried to come up with another example to take the political side out of it but @C-H-L and @sissypunch and you for that matter refused to see the idea I was portraying but instead made it literal. That's not how a discussion works and it certainly will never create a productive discussion. The facts were changed by the three of you and used to fit the idea that it was solely because she supported Trump. That wasn't the case as I've said numerous times but you don't seem to grasp that. I started off cordial and the situation devolved when words and ideas were put in my mouth. @C-H-L did that...not me. I'm not overly sensitive and neither is my wife but some of the posters read it that way. You have the right to think that, but I also have the right to defend myself. I don't care if people agree with me but if I care about someone, i treat them with respect and don't try to bait them into an uncomfortable situation. I never suggested we didn't talk about anything sensitive, but politics aren't just anything. Politics are very different and you'd be foolish to think they are anywhere close to a trivial matter.

I have no clue if you will even read this as one of the other guys didn't read my response which shows the intelligence on that person...but that is your prerogative. I used the caveat in the beginning because i wanted to be clear that it wasn't about the political statement. I don't give two shits about that. I care about the lack of respect my mother showed for people she cared about. If you and the other guys can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. I would never be that over the top to people I cared about. It wouldn't be worth it to bother them. For what? I like the differences in this country and I never care what candidate someone supports.
Well it seems to me like you made the thread expecting everyone to agree with you, and got progressively upset when most did not. I understood the point you were making just fine. I think most others did as well. It's largely a pretty sharp group of people in the berry. I just don't agree with you, and yes I feel you overreacted both to the situation itself and to other posters.

It was telling to me watching you progressively go through various analogies. Seems like you were insistent that there MUST be a miscommunication because people still weren't taking your side. No, people understand just fine and do not agree with you.

It's ironic to say the least that even polite suggestions that you might be thin skinned or slightly overly emotional on the topic lead to you completely losing your cool and going on a tirade of personal insults. While accusing others of being disrespectful to you.

I guess we were reading two different replies. The way I read it is he saw it as I had an issue with her political views. He also added zero to the thread by initially posting a picture of a 45 emblazed with TRUMP on the side. I mentioned in the OP that it wasn't about her political beliefs, it was about her attitude towards someone she cared about. It wasn't a woman getting excited about Trump supporters. She told me to honk and show my support. I said "no thanks" politely and kept driving and she started cheering. She knew where my wife and I stood on the issue but kept pressing. We didn't say anything but my father did. Why would that he do that? She was being obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious and my father spoke to her about it.

It wasn't about the political views. I tried to come up with another example to take the political side out of it but @C-H-L and @sissypunch and you for that matter refused to see the idea I was portraying but instead made it literal. That's not how a discussion works and it certainly will never create a productive discussion. The facts were changed by the three of you and used to fit the idea that it was solely because she supported Trump. That wasn't the case as I've said numerous times but you don't seem to grasp that. I started off cordial and the situation devolved when words and ideas were put in my mouth. @C-H-L did that...not me. I'm not overly sensitive and neither is my wife but some of the posters read it that way. You have the right to think that, but I also have the right to defend myself. I don't care if people agree with me but if I care about someone, i treat them with respect and don't try to bait them into an uncomfortable situation. I never suggested we didn't talk about anything sensitive, but politics aren't just anything. Politics are very different and you'd be foolish to think they are anywhere close to a trivial matter.

I have no clue if you will even read this as one of the other guys didn't read my response which shows the intelligence on that person...but that is your prerogative. I used the caveat in the beginning because i wanted to be clear that it wasn't about the political statement. I don't give two shits about that. I care about the lack of respect my mother showed for people she cared about. If you and the other guys can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. I would never be that over the top to people I cared about. It wouldn't be worth it to bother them. For what? I like the differences in this country and I never care what candidate someone supports.

Too long still didn't read. Imagine writing novel like this because of some people on a forum. In the UK where I'm from you are what's known as a sad bastard.

Remember to @ me again if you want me to come back to this thread and make fun of you some more.

101229644_2943514609036745_4406308696741642240_n.jpg

Well it seems to me like you made the thread expecting everyone to agree with you, and got progressively upset when most did not. I understood the point you were making just fine. I think most others did as well. It's largely a pretty sharp group of people in the berry. I just don't agree with you, and yes I feel you overreacted both to the situation itself and to other posters.

It was telling to me watching you progressively go through various analogies. Seems like you were insistent that there MUST be a miscommunication because people still weren't taking your side. No, people understand just fine and do not agree with you.

It's ironic to say the least that even polite suggestions that you might be thin skinned or slightly overly emotional on the topic lead to you completely losing your cool and going on a tirade of personal insults. While accusing others of being disrespectful to you.

I wasn't looking for any agreements actually. The only thing that mattered to me was the narrative be correct. I'm done arguing with you on this. The analogies were to try to show it wasn't the political purpose. It could have been anything and I wanted to see others with similar experiences (tension with wife and Mom) and how they resolved. Mom wasn't polite, wife and I said nothing. That's what happened and I wanted to see how to proceed. I haven't talked about it to either party since and that's the way it will stay.

Too long still didn't read. Imagine writing novel like this because of some people on a forum. In the UK where I'm from you are what's known as a sad bastard.

Remember to @ me again if you want me to come back to this thread and make fun of you some more.

View attachment 812042

Lol why come on a forum just to talk shit and not read the replies? I'm the sad one here? You come off like a douche but do you. I'm good with you from here on out. That's my last response to you period. Engaging you is dumb in the first place. I'm just laughing at you now...

So...quick caveat as there is always somebody that says this is a WR topic, but this isn't about what side you are on politically.

My mom and dad came up to visit the wife and I today. We were having a great day; got lunch, chatted for a few hours, hung at our house with our pup. Everything was going great until...we were headed over to a home and garden shop near my house and at the main intersection was a large group of Trump supporters with flags, yelling at the cars causing them to honk and cheer.

Like the rest of the country, NH is split pretty close to 50/50...maybe a little more Democrat but depends on where you are. So my wife and I were both raised Democrat and we still share many (not all of those values) but that isn't the point of this. My mom in the backseat starts cheering! Telling me to honk at them...knowing the wife and I are not huge supporters. We aren't liberals but that is how things apparently get divided lol.

My wife was quiet and respectful and my dad diffused the tension as best as he could. The damage was done. Idk what the hell to do as my wife has been quiet all night and felt disrespected...and I agree with her. That's my mom though so wtf...I'm stuck here.

Cliffs: Mom is a die hard Trump fan, wife is a Democrat and Mom cheered at Trump supporters in my car which angered my wife...more hurt than angered. Now idk how to proceed.

Double cliffs: Fuck all of this political bullshit I don't even care about any of it. Go away the lot of them!

Triple cliffs: <1> Me right now.

Loving and respecting your mom doesn't mean that you can't check her when she's outta line. Imo her showing her support based on her political affiliation is not disrespectful at all unless you and your wife are super sensitive about it. It's sad that even within a family, people can't be civil about politics. Oh well...

<Fedor23>

@Red Beard Your wife is a frigid prude and you are a damn beta bitch. Should have taken one for the woman that had to shit your water headed ass out and honked a little as a kind gesture for her. At least your punk ass did not make your mom get out because she was a Trump supporter.

Lol why come on a forum just to talk shit and not read the replies?

That's just for your posts dummy. As you have proved several times you are an idiot and everything you say is worthless.

You've been crying on this thread for around two days, because your mom wanted to honk for trump. You sad, sad bastard.

@Red Beard Your wife is a frigid prude and you are a damn beta bitch. Should have taken one for the woman that had to shit your water headed ass out and honked a little as a kind gesture for her. At least your punk ass did not make your mom get out because she was a Trump supporter.

Ah ok Florida...makes sense.

That's just for your posts dummy. As you have proved several times you are an idiot and everything you say is worthless.

You've been crying on this thread for around two days, because your mom wanted to honk for trump. You sad, sad bastard.

You figured me out buddy.

You figured me out buddy.
Ha Ha! I thought you weren't going to respond to me again. What a total loser you are, completely triggered and unable to stop yourself.

Ha Ha! I thought you weren't going to respond to me again. What a total loser you are, completely triggered and unable to stop yourself.

It's my thread so...yeah. I'm just stating that you are looking like a giant clown but I am passing the time working an actual job so it's funny to me. I like how I'm a loser but you are trying to start a fight on a Karate forum lol. FYI I'm not the only one that is laughing at you. I knew I'd get kick back due to this being political but you are showing your ass and I'm legit not even mad. I am well aware how this would go in real life. It proves my point by the way you act...I have never even talked to you lol.

It's my thread so...yeah. I'm just stating that you are looking like a giant clown but I am passing the time working an actual job so it's funny to me. I like how I'm a loser but you are trying to start a fight on a Karate forum lol. FYI I'm not the only one that is laughing at you. I knew I'd get kick back due to this being political but you are showing your ass and I'm legit not even mad. I am well aware how this would go in real life. It proves my point by the way you act...I have never even talked to you lol.

You know you have a lot in common with Trump. You have lost but are unable to accept it and continue to act like a crybaby.
<TheDonald>

You know you have a lot in common with Trump. You have lost but are unable to accept it and continue to act like a crybaby.
<TheDonald>

Yeah and you have a lot in common with the far left trying to get rid of the police. No one respects your opinion and no one wants to deal with you. That's the beauty of this country buddy. Cheers!

Yeah and you have a lot in common with the far left trying to get rid of the police. No one respects your opinion and no one wants to deal with you. That's the beauty of this country buddy. Cheers!

Another idiotic analogy, honkbaby. You just can't stop yourself.

This isn't about the no pants dance?

Ah ok Florida...makes sense.
We are the crazies! What would be the big issue with just honking a few times for your mom? Is your wife that non-compromising? A few honks puts a smile on moms face and all of you go back to doing what you were for the day.

Back