• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Why Yan is great. Arguably best volume striker in UFC

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Updated: Saw a thread about best volume strikers in UFC, I'd like to argue that Yan is one of the best.

I originally made this thread after he won the title, but think it deserves new attention.
----

I usually don't like making posts without substance. So I updated this post with some facts to school the foolz ;). Let's break out the stats from official UFC stat page ufcstats.com.

TI8LI51.jpg

As you can see, Yan has only had 7 fights in the UFC and won all 7. This has to be taken into account when comparing some of these stats against other fighters who had more fights in UFC.

ylUaLHO.jpg

Yan along with Assuncao and Barao got the longest W streak in BW division. No losses in UFC, impressive.

RbUsVO4.jpg

Knockdowns landed, Yan has a split 3rd place. Take into account that Yan has less fights in UFC than Dillashaw and Garbrandt. Dillashaw has 15 fights in UFC, Garbrandt 10 vs Yan's 7. Yan has 2nd KD per 15 minutes. He has the best KD per fight average.

A3Qx9HB.jpg

Once again you have Dillashaw leading KO/TKO wins, Yan has a shared 3rd place. Once again Dillashaw has twice as many fights as Yan.

NHRT8iq.jpg

Total strikes landed, Dillashaw is the leader with twice as many fights (15 vs Yan's 7), Yan is the leader in UFC in total strikes per fight. Yan's striking output is off the chart, one of the best volume strikers in UFC.

Yan is top 5 TDD in BW division. (Rivera's TDD is very impressive, mad hespect)

Also Yan's the record holder for most strikes landed in a UFC fight. Yan has arguably the best striking output per fight in the UFC.

v5wQnQz.jpg

Yan is a close second behind Sandhagen in strikes landed per minute. Yan is #1 in striking differential which means strikes landed vs strikes taken. Which means he deals a lot more damage than he receives in striking exchanges.

bU2cbxF.jpg

Once again Dillashaw stat leader in total significant strikes landed, but once again you must take into account that he has twice as many fights. Yan is already at 8th place with 7 fights. (Barao 17 fights, Aljo 14, Assuncao 16).

Yan is #4 in striking accuracy, only 0.9 % behind #1. Impressive.

Conclusion:

People claiming that Yan is slow, average striker, not impressive etc. Is delusional, ignorant and uneducated. Yan is the a top-5 statistical leader in almost all of the striking stats and arguably #1 when it comes to combined striking output and differential. Yan is an elite striker. To claim otherwise is just ignorant. Numbers don't lie!

Last edited:
after yan did 360 from aldo leg kick i was worried,but he proved in the 4th and 5th he is champion material

I wasn't impressed tbh, he's good but very limited.

Not while he was getting blasted in the face in the 1st, or when he was getting put in the crucifix over and over while getting smashed.

I love aldo but Yan is nasty.
Goes to prove my point in my other thread, Aldo has a poor bottom game

Aldo should retire its kinda sad seeing him get destroyed like that.

I wasn't impressed tbh, he's good but very limited.

Explain yourself lol. The only real "weakness" he has, are legkicks. But he adjusted well after those first rounds and the fact that he can fight well from both stances helps too.

Last edited:
Back