Rewatch Petr Yan VS Jose Aldo, Is this the worst beatdown in UFC BW History?

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just rewatched the fight, and I got to say: This was a close and competitive fight that turned into an absolute beatdown in the later rounds.
Aldo looked so good in the first three rounds. He was battering Yan's leg with his leg kicks, using that body shot that folded Stephens, even tried tried taking down Yan and attmpting to clinch.
Overall, he tried every single one of his skills to win.
Once he got tired that's when Yan really took over and battered him.

Attachments

• Yan vs Aldo.png
    Yan vs Aldo.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Yan vs Aldo stats.png
    Yan vs Aldo stats.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 16
Yea it was defiantly close and competitive I believe Aldo took a round and a round was super close.

Aldo completely gassed and watching Yan fail to finish an exhausted fighter clean was kind of painful tbh.

Minus that strange grounded liver shot at the end of the first round, I thought Aldo looked good and even gave him a round, until of course he gassed hard had absolutely nothing left.

Yan really destroyed him in the fifth. You could tell Aldo tried whatever he could to get out of there, but the ref quit his job and came back during the fifth round it seemed.

Man the ending was bad. I don't know why the ref just let yan crack Aldo over and over in the side of the head as Jose just turtled face down to the mat, not even trying to scramble anymore. It went on for so long.

Just rewatched the fight, and I got to say: This was a close and competitive fight that turned into an absolute beatdown in the later rounds.
Aldo looked so good in the first three rounds. He was battering Yan's leg with his leg kicks, using that body shot that folded Stephens, even tried tried taking down Yan and attmpting to clinch.

Max Holloway put two way-worse beatdown's on Aldo, although that was at FW.

Awful stoppage.
Also, put Aldo in the overrated list with Fedor.

Side note: Where did that Peter Yan go?

I'm happy living in denial that that fight never happened. Screw you for making me remember it:(

round 1 yan, round 2 aldo, round 3 yan close, round 4 yan

both looked amazing, obviously, one is a top ten all time guy and the other is one of the best bantamweights ever

a high volume chess match

worst part was when bisoing said “maaaaybe they gave yan the first becuase he was on top at the end? And that can sway the judges as a visual?” Such a weasly way to describe how that first round went, it’s like he had dana in his ear telling him to talk up aldo at all points

Last edited:
no, Dan Henderson did.
Hendo took another 3 , but that wasn't a one sided beat down. I almost wish Shogun didn't have such a good chin cause anybody else would've been kod by that initial knee and spared themselves.

Back