Why would the UFC have Jones/Teixeira in NJ on Superbowl Weekend?

So what? Jones fought them both and didn't even break a sweat while destroying them. Texeira almost got knocked out by Bader.

I guess your one of those idiots that predicted gus would get tko'ed in the first round. The fact is Glover is undefeated in the ufc and he knocked out Bader, did Jones?

People act like Texieria gettin rocked by Bader should discredit him... I hate to break it to you, and I'm even a fan, but Jones doesn't have KO power, really. Just a TKO/Doctor stoppage via cut style. Plus Glover has GREAT TD defense.

Ok, lets see.

The cheapest Superbowl tickets I could find: $2415 x 2 = $4830
If I wanted decent seats to the UFC fight: $250 x 2 - $500
Average Hotel Prices for the whole weekend: $400

Total Cost = $5730

I guess I am poor and not good enough.

Here's what I can do.

The guest room has a Queen bed as well as a full futon. Also a 55-inch plasma with FIOS. I can give you that room for $600/night, and you can find someone to take the futon and split it with you. Two-person max to the room, though, unless one is under 18 and (preferably) related to you. I don't need the FBI getting involved.

The home office with Queen air mattress I can give you for $350/night. No TV there, but I won't charge extra for wifi.

Downstairs, living room, same TV as upstairs, large sectional sofa. I can give you the longer half the sectional for $300/night, the shorter half for $250/night.

Den, 30-inch TV, regular sofa where the ends recline. I can give you either end for $100/night, or you can have it to yourself for $150.

Here's what I can do.

The guest room has a Queen bed as well as a full futon. Also a 55-inch plasma with FIOS. I can give you that room for $600/night, and you can find someone to take the futon and split it with you. Two-person max to the room, though, unless one is under 18 and (preferably) related to you. I don't need the FBI getting involved.

The home office with Queen air mattress I can give you for $350/night. No TV there, but I won't charge extra for wifi.

Downstairs, living room, same TV as upstairs, large sectional sofa. I can give you the longer half the sectional for $300/night, the shorter half for $250/night.

Den, 30-inch TV, regular sofa where the ends recline. I can give you either end for $100/night, or you can have it to yourself for $150.
tumblr_masgq6hvLO1qk1j3lo1_500.gif

For those of you who don't know already Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira is set for Superbowl weekend in Newark NJ at the Prudential Center. (source:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...lover-teixeira-official-on-super-bowl-weekend)

Also, the Superbowl is going to be held the very next day, at the MetLife Stadium which is about 20 minutes away from the Prudential Center. (source: http://www.nynjsuperbowl.com/)

Google Maps View: http://i.imgur.com/Hr0Xisz.jpg

I was planning on going to this event, but I would have to stay at a hotel in NJ, and the prices and the traffic are going to be ridiculous. So I am probably not going to go. Do you think this is a good move, or a bad move by the UFC?

maybe you're not the demographic they're going for.

and i don't mean "ever"; i mean for this event.

maybe you're not the demographic they're going for.

and i don't mean "ever"; i mean for this event.

I usually spends upwards of $1000. If I'm not their demographic, then they're not going to draw a huge crowd on Superbowl weekend.

Only reason I can think is cause its close to Jones home town

Great move for the UFC poor move for the hardcore fans. The UFC is looking to catch people who are going to the super bowl and get a crazy live gate. Seeing as FOX is going to advertise the crap out of the event it'll be awesome. I'm going to the event my first live UFC event so I'm kind of pissed it's going to be packed but what can you do.

I must have been snoozing this is the first I hear of the Superbowl being played outdoors
NJ in Feb, why would they do that ?? Do they want a shitty game ?

Only reason I can think is cause its close to Jones home town

That and because the Superbowl is in NJ and there are gonna be tons of people in the area doing all sorts of NFL experience stuff. So you tie in the UFC fights the night before with prelims on FS1. As they promote the SB in NY/NJ Fox can promote the UFC card on the Sat night.

Quit bitching TS. The prices will probably be lowered because of how many people will be going to that area that weekend. But it is a big circumference around the two event locations which means there will be plenty of hotels to stay in. Prices will be lower due to competitive prices to get people to stay at their hotels.

I am going since I live 35 minutes away. It is a good move because when you think about it, the atmosphere around the area will already be electric due to the Superbowl.

And there will be lots of females in bars around the area. Which drunk meathead would not like that after attending a UFC event?

I must have been snoozing this is the first I hear of the Superbowl being played outdoors
NJ in Feb, why would they do that ?? Do they want a shitty game ?

This is stupid. Why the hell not? What are they only supposed to air the Superbowl in a desert?

Fox will likely promote it as "the biggest weekend in sports" UFCs #1 fighter defends his belt and the Super Bowl right there too. It will sell well.

Although the game will be played in New Jersey most of the big events will happen in NYC. Most people wont be in New Jersey until the game

Many people, myself included did say that eventually FOX would start influencing and possibly even make demands on UFC events and the overall product.

We were often told that FOX would have no say or influence on the PVP side of things and that we were wrong.

I am quite confident that the FOX executives make a great deal of suggestions to the UFC brass and some of those ideas are being put into place. A hundred million dollars will buy you ear time with the President of the UFC, trust me on that one.

Thinking about going, will be hour and 30 min drive from where i live. How much are decent seat tickets?

Back