Why would anybody pay 3-400 dollars to do this training?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

It looks Incredibly boring and mundane. Are there more competetitive aspects of BJJ training?

300 - 400 dollars to spend your time doing that?

I don't get it.. I'm willing to give it a try but man that was a huge turn-off

Last edited:
The timeless phrase again goes here to explain spacetime

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence or stupidity

I don't see why there's so much fuss about rolls starting sitting or against guard puller. The goal of grappling is to submit people, not just to score takedowns (which seem a bit sporty when you think about it).

Don't get me wrong, I try to get the takedowns, but I'm realistic about it, most of the time I will end up in the other guy's guard. I know that a very good throw, a superbly well timed double leg, a good fireman carry... can get you straight to side control. But most of the time, it's shitty single legs, double legs half sprawled, messed up judo throw and you end up in the guard, in open guard, in half guard... You get your 2 points but you're nowhere near to submit the guy.

Especially in the gi, I would rather be single legged than having someone with good collar and sleeve grips pulling me deep into their closed guard. I know that after that single leg I have a good chance to sweep them or going to X guard, but being stuck in a closed guard with my posture broken will be a very shitty situation.

Also, if starting sitting can help older people and injured people to continue doing BJJ, I'm fine with it.

I don't see why there's so much fuss about rolls starting sitting or against guard puller. The goal of grappling is to submit people, not just to score takedowns (which seem a bit sporty when you think about it).

Don't get me wrong, I try to get the takedowns, but I'm realistic about it, most of the time I will end up in the other guy's guard. I know that a very good throw, a superbly well timed double leg, a good fireman carry... can get you straight to side control. But most of the time, it's shitty single legs, double legs half sprawled, messed up judo throw and you end up in the guard, in open guard, in half guard... You get your 2 points but you're nowhere near to submit the guy.

Especially in the gi, I would rather be single legged than having someone with good collar and sleeve grips pulling me deep into their closed guard. I know that after that single leg I have a good chance to sweep them or going to X guard, but being stuck in a closed guard with my posture broken will be a very shitty situation.

Also, if starting sitting can help older people and injured people to continue doing BJJ, I'm fine with it.

Do you know if wrestling at an MMA club is easier on the body? Pure wrestling clubs are too rough for a 29 year old. This BJJ stuff is too methodogical for my taste. Especially with no TDs.

I would say takedowns, especially slams, is less sporty in a real confrontation compared to starting on knee level with a willing customer. Proper takedowns will end it.

Compare it to this: Two dudes trying out wrestling

Wrestling is sooo much more fun. And is all you need to know, really..

yeah than paying 3-400 dollars for the training in the video above is going to be your only option.

good luck on finding something closer to $3 than $400

yeah than paying 3-400 dollars for the training in the video above is going to be your only option.

good luck on finding something closer to $3 than $400

That's why I asked if MMA clubs offer some watered-down wrestling, since MMA is different from wrestling.

Another @spacetime garbage post where he states opinion in a passive aggressive manner and has no idea what he is talking about.

Last edited:

It looks Incredibly boring and mundane. Are there more competetitive aspects of BJJ training?

300 - 400 dollars to spend your time doing that?

I don't get it.. I'm willing to give it a try but man that was a huge turn-off

I don't pay $300-$400 for any gym, ever. That's a fucking ripoff. What's the excuse for that price?
Edit:I just assumed that's monthly, is it? That actually wouldn't be bad for 4 months or something.

Too old...

Just scrolled up again.. you're only 29?

so all the grappling arts are too rough for an old man of 29, too expensive, too methodical.

Maybe you just don't really want to train grappling? I'm not even saying that as a burn. Just sounds like you don't.

Just scrolled up again.. you're only 29?

so all the grappling arts are too rough for an old man of 29, too expensive, too methodical.

Maybe you just don't really want to train grappling? I'm not even saying that as a burn. Just sounds like you don't.

No. I said that BJJ is not worth the buck and that wrestling is too rough on the body and too late to start pushing 30

Do you know if wrestling at an MMA club is easier on the body? Pure wrestling clubs are too rough for a 29 year old. This BJJ stuff is too methodogical for my taste. Especially with no TDs.
In an MMA sense, bjj is submissions and wrestling is takedowns. So hopefully wrestling in MMA gyms isn't any easier, but it probably is.

Ironic if I try out BJJ and turn out to be an absolute killer at it. :cool:

You're 29?!?! I assumed you were 14 from all these garbage threads you've been making. Goddamn.

Back