Why won't Aldo move up & earn 2 belts?

Same reason NO other champs do it.

The UFC provides them with no real benefit for doing so.

The UFC requires you to leave your belt behind, and place you future earnings at risk for no measurable benefit.

If the UFC had a standing offer of "any champion who fights a champ at a different weigh class to their own gets $500,000 etxra pay for the fight" we would see these super fights.

I refuse to believe, Anderson, GSP, Jones, Aldo, etc etc are all to scared to fight up instead they just aren't offered rewards commesurate with the level of risk.

Give him time he is the only guy that might move up and take on the whole division above him and the only other guy that can do that in UFC is Barao. It's odd BJ was a 2 division champ could Aldo be next. I don't count the other guys because of questionable supplemental use.

Aldo would be required to vacate his belt at FW in order to challenge for the LW title. Aldo doesn't want to do that. I assume he gets paid a lot more as a title holder at FW than he would as a challenger in the LW division.

I don't recall BJ vacating the LW belt to challenge Hughes for the WW title.
If that's true in this day & age, then that's just plain stupid!

Its true. Aldo would be required to vacate his fw belt to fight Pettis at LW. Dana made that very clear at Aldos last post fight presser.

Who cares about records, they're just numbers to me, when u can have an even more impressive resume for beating the top guys @ a weight class above yours as well as hold 2 consecutive titles.
If Aldo cleans out his division in 1-2 years time, then the competition becomes weaker & I don't wanna live in a world where Aldo doesn't move up.

So you should care about the people you faced but not records? Records that could be there for many, many years. As long as your champion and keep defending the belt theirs nothing to take away from that. Ten years from now and Aldo has the record for most consecutive title defenses.. that wont be forgotten. Beating most of Silva's records and others would be an impressive resume it self. Why risk going up and damaging that when you're dominating where you are.

You don't want to live in a world where Aldo doesn't move up? Didn't know it was that important to some people.

From what I understand the UFC won't let him

Because he isn't facing much opposition at FW. If he can make good money, and not have things be too difficult... ???

From what I understand the UFC won't let him

I think they would let him, but it would be something he needs to sacrifice for it to happen as opposed to something he would be paid to do.

Back