Why Was The Announcer Pronouncing Bethe's Name As 'Betchy'?

Futureal

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I thought it was pronounced 'Betch'? :icon_conf

hmmm, i dont know man...i think, in my opinion, it was probably one of two things...either, you have been mispronouncing it, or the announcer did...man, now that i think of it, its also possible you are both mispronouncing it...i dont know, just you know, my opinion

Because that is how you pronounce her name.

Its because normally she's a betch, but today she was being really betchy.

It's the way the name sounds in portuguese.

But the whole idea was that it sounds like Betch in Portuguese. Everyone would have been calling her Beth otherwise.

For the record, I think that English speakers shouldn't be trying to pronounce names in the native tongue of the person being referred to. It never works.

Rewatched Bethe vs Baszler for the fuck of it the other day and Buffer was saying "Betchy" too. Maybe it's like calling a dude john or johnny?

WHO_326178_899013.jpg

It's just how Portuguese works phonetically (there are regional variations, though). Bethe is pronounced Betchy, Wand is pronounced Wandy and so on.

yeah and they keep saying Honda even though she's not brazilian lol thats the funnier name for me

I prefer when they make her sound like an outkast song. Beth Co-heya- heya.

outkast-hey-ya-o.gif

You don't want to be down at the bar talking WMMA with your bros and have everyone laughing at you behind your back when you go to the bathroom because you're saying the name wrong. You just lose all credibility if you don't have your shit straight.

Back