Elections Why the GOP is expected to win the House but NOT the Senate.

I think where the Roe repeal will really hurt the GOP is in governor races. With full abortion bans on the table, does anyone really see Pennsylvania voters, for example, handing the keys to a Trumper nutjob? Pennsylvania is not fucking Mississippi.

They’re all worthless anyhow.

At this point I don’t think we will ever vote our way out of this mess.

Republicans really fucked up with how their primaries turned into a race to the bottom for red meat candidates.

And when those candidates get you the likes of Dr. Oz and Hershel Walker in what should have been easy win states, maybe they’ll learn to stop going for the idiot with the biggest unachievable promises.

Republicans really fucked up with how their primaries turned into a race to the bottom for red meat candidates.

And when those candidates get you the likes of Dr. Oz and Hershel Walker in what should have been easy win states, maybe they’ll learn to stop going for the idiot with the biggest unachievable promises.

Doesn't the Pennsylvania Dem candidate (Fetterman) have all sorts of serious health problems related to his heart going on, @superking? Dude had a stroke like two days before the primary and is presumably limited in terms of what he's physically able to do on the campaign front. It may not matter though, and Oz has apparently gone completely dark from television since he won the recount of his primary by like 900 votes.

Walker is incredibly dumb, and an egregious liar even for a politician. By that I mean he's even awful at telling the original lies and they collapse almost instantaneously. He also seriously needs to keep his son (the one he didn't keep secret even from his own campaign) completely out of public view. You're a Republican candidate dude, the fuck are you thinking. The kid is utterly insufferable and such a flamboyant fruit topping that it almost makes me want to fight against gay rights.

I think where the Roe repeal will really hurt the GOP is in governor races. With full abortion bans on the table, does anyone really see Pennsylvania voters, for example, handing the keys to a Trumper nutjob? Pennsylvania is not fucking Mississippi.

But also Senate. Dems have been moving to bigger dense cities and liberal areas. This helps GOP state legislatures and Congressional districts as Dems are depopulating themselves from many rural and suburb areas. However, a state wide election Senate and Governor they will show up in force. Showing up doesnt matter if most people in your district are Republicans as it concerns just your disrtrict.

Well who the hell gave people the power to dictate that these consenting couples can get married while those other ones can't? And the RvW thing is a fundamental violation of bodily autonomy. And those two things should be of concern to any thinking person.

Doesn't necessarily make me nice or normal person (lots of people here would say the exact opposite lol) and an argument could be made that I'm advocating from a selfish perspective knowing that depending on who or what side is in the driver's seat any one of our sacred cow beliefs could be on the chopping block.
This peace treaty presupposes a common identity and values, otherwise why not defect.

Without these commonalities, “democracy” is just a war of competing interest groups. And wars can escalate.

Exactly. You're looking at this from the starting point of inclusivity. As in "Everyone should have equal rights unless there's reason for justified discrimination." The people I was arguing with have an exclusionary starting point. As in "why should those other people over there have the same rights as me?" And that's a fundamentally flawed way of assessing human rights.

If you believe in equality then basic human rights should be unassailable. If you believe in equality but only situationally then you're a dishonest hypocrite. I may be an abrasive prick at times, but I'll never agree that people should be treated differently because of inherent identity.

The funny thing is this conversation shouldn't even belong here but the SC unfortunately has the power to mess with such fundamentals like some kings court of Lords during the dark ages.
I don't believe in equality, so at least I'm not a hypocrite, but I've found that the people who claim to believe in equality always have exceptions for things they think are important. Of course they do, because reality is unequal and you can't play those games when the rubber meets the road.

I don't believe in equality, so at least I'm not a hypocrite, but I've found that the people who claim to believe in equality always have exceptions for things they think are important. Of course they do, because reality is unequal and you can't play those games when the rubber meets the road.
No you're not a hypocrite as I said in that thread. The evermore conservative Muslim mod masquerading as a lefty absolutely is. I know where you stand and you make no claims to be something you obviously are not. Neither do I.

This peace treaty presupposes a common identity and values, otherwise why not defect.

Without these commonalities, “democracy” is just a war of competing interest groups. And wars can escalate.
I'd just add that a common identity and common values are formed in a very complex way, in a way that used to be described as "ethnogenesis" in the broad sense, almost always formed undemocratically, and are much easier to break than repair. Once broken, they are gone for good. What I recommend is a serious medical intervention, a state of emergency, before the patient becomes too weak for the cure.

In a Sherdog manhug way, I love this post. Thank fuck people like you here who are rational nice humans exist.

Could you imagine being shunned for decades because you can't enjoy sex with a loved one and respect that in marriage?

Females getting married is equally as lovely, Sherdog doesn't have a problem with that though, it's just the men getting married.

Imagine with gasoline at $5/gallon and food prices skyrocketing a person would still be hyper focused on gay marriage come November.

No you're not a hypocrite as I said in that thread. The evermore conservative Muslim mod masquerading as a lefty absolutely is. I know where you stand and you make no claims to be something you obviously are not. Neither do I.

Muslims are supposed to be conservative all good muslims are. By western standards far right on social policies. Muslims are following God's will

Muslims are supposed to be conservative all good muslims are. By western standards far right on social policies. Muslims are following God's will
Muslims are following the playbook of the original L Ron Hubbard. If there is a higher being we're no more capable of figuring out it's intentions than an ant is capable of diagnosing an internal combustion engine.

Muslims are following the playbook of the original L Ron Hubbard. If there is a higher being we're no more capable of figuring out it's intentions than an ant is capable of diagnosing an internal combustion engine.

Not true. God of Abrahamic religios is for sure true perhaps a religion that came from it is wrong but the core is true

How am I a hypocrite exactly? I'm pretty open about my beliefs and where I stand. Does my being a Muslim disqualify me from being a leftist?

And if anything you're the hypocrite here based off this post
Exactly. You're looking at this from the starting point of inclusivity. As in "Everyone should have equal rights unless there's reason for justified discrimination." The people I was arguing with have an exclusionary starting point. As in "why should those other people over there have the same rights as me?" And that's a fundamentally flawed way of assessing human rights.

If you believe in equality then basic human rights should be unassailable. If you believe in equality but only situationally then you're a dishonest hypocrite. I may be an abrasive prick at times, but I'll never agree that people should be treated differently because of inherent identity.
I was actually arguing for inclusivity in that thread(that we should recognize more niche marriages like cousin marriage and polyamory) while you were arguing against it.

"Justified discrimination", yeah I'm sure that's not an endlessly contestable term open to radically different interpretation. If you believe in "justified discrimination" then you're really not any different than a guy like Denter with the exception that you won't admit to it. In other words, a hypocrite.
The funny thing is this conversation shouldn't even belong here but the SC unfortunately has the power to mess with such fundamentals like some kings court of Lords during the dark ages.
This is just too ironic in light of the fact that gay marriage became the law of the land because of that very same "kings court of Lords"

How am I a hypocrite exactly? I'm pretty open about my beliefs and where I stand. Does my being a Muslim disqualify me from being a leftist?

And if anything you're the hypocrite here based off this post

I was actually arguing for inclusivity in that thread(that we should recognize more niche marriages like cousin marriage and polyamory) while you were arguing against it.

"Justified discrimination", yeah I'm sure that's not an endlessly contestable term open to radically different interpretation. If you believe in "justified discrimination" then you're really not any different than a guy like Denter with the exception that you won't admit to it. In other words, a hypocrite.

This is just too ironic in light of the fact that gay marriage became the law of the land because of that very same "kings court of Lords"
If a fundamentalist religous folks can be included under the left, then the left can't, by definition, have anything to do with liberalism. So either you're abandoning your value systems or they theirs.

The fact that you don't believe in justified discrimination is disturbing. Yet again, you argued that child marriage was akin to SSM and in some of the Islamic armipts of the world "puberty" is the threshold for marriage. Nevermind marriage between 1st cousins is actually 9nly common in some Islamic communities. So, what exactly are you getting at? Can discrimination be justified or not? Spit it out.

And noooo. Of course you were arguing for inclusivity. Yes. By equating SSM to child marriage, incestuous marriage and polygamy. Ie, types of marriage there's clear justified discrimination grounds against.

And, as usual, you close with gibberish nonsense and ignore the substance.

So, you're arguing for inclusivity of predatory and harmful marriage, or are you equating SSM to shit that's always has been condemned by society?

Pennsylvania is not fucking Mississippi.

I wonder if, in 2022, fucking Georgia is more like Mississippi or Pennsylvania (I could see Abrahams get a point or two out of Roe Repeal).

If a fundamentalist religous folks can be included under the left, then the left can't, by definition, have anything to do with liberalism. So either you're abandoning your value systems or they theirs.

The fact that you don't believe in justified discrimination is disturbing. Yet again, you argued that child marriage was akin to SSM and in some of the Islamic armipts of the world "puberty" is the threshold for marriage. Nevermind marriage between 1st cousins is actually 9nly common in some Islamic communities. So, what exactly are you getting at? Can discrimination be justified or not? Spit it out.

And noooo. Of course you were arguing for inclusivity. Yes. By equating SSM to child marriage, incestuous marriage and polygamy. Ie, types of marriage there's clear justified discrimination grounds against.

And, as usual, you close with gibberish nonsense and ignore the substance.

So, you're arguing for inclusivity of predatory and harmful marriage, or are you equating SSM to shit that's always has been condemned by society?
You seem fundamentally incapable of understanding what I was trying to argue in that thread so not going to re-litigate it here, I'm just pushing back against your dishonest characterization of it since you were talking ill of me ITT. People can go to that thread and read it if they like, even other posters agreed with me that the point seemed to go way over your head and that you were being emotional.

You seem fundamentally incapable of understanding what I was trying to argue in that thread so not going to re-litigate it here, I'm just pushing back against your dishonest characterization of it since you were talking ill of me ITT. People can go to that thread and read it if they like, even other posters agreed with me that the point seemed to go way over your head and that you were being emotional.
No. You hack. Your equating SSM to any number of justifiably illegal acts show's how honest you're trying to be.

Well who the hell gave people the power to dictate that these consenting couples can get married while those other ones can't?
This peace treaty presupposes a common identity and values, otherwise why not defect. Without these commonalities, “democracy” is just a war of competing interest groups. And wars can escalate.

It can be sent back to the states to run course.

ssm.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back