Why should Jones vacate the division he rules with an iron clad fist ?!

Coffee79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jones already beat Gus but fans of the Nordic Knight refuse to accept that. If he beats him again or Rumble - there is no one left in the current roster left for Jones. His haters, predictably, have been whining about him being a HW fighting MWs as if that makes any sense given they all were 205lbs when it counted. And so putting that excuse aside, let's ask this question.

What obligation does Jones have to vacate a division he is ultimately ruler over ? What king would give up his throne just because he's damn good at defending it ? The obligation in on the contenders to better themselves and get that belt. If they can't, tough luck.

Those wanting Jones to move to HW are haters who are indirectly admitting their favorite fighter in LHW has no chance to beat Bones.

I love watching Jones embarrass otherwise brilliant fighters. He is on another level and even personal favorites of mine like Machida and Evans were over matched. I have no problems if Jones remains at LHW for the remainder of his division.

He is a NOT a natural HW with his overall frame. Why go up and risk losing to naturally bigger/stronger guys ? This is not a demand asked of Aldo or Weidman. Jones' home is at LHW. He is the GOAT of that division and can stay as long as he wants.

Because he cleaned out the division which gave a guy who had no business being in a title fight a shot.

The reason is Jones is a competitor. When the time comes where he's facing the same guys over and over I'm sure he won't pull a GSP and take 10000 rematches even though the first fight wasn't close.

He wants to be GOAT. GSP and Anderson were unwilling to challenge for the belt in the next weightclass up. If he wants to stand out he's gotta do shit those guys didn't do.

He should stay in the LHW and break those records. Then move up if he wants.

I love watching Jones embarrass otherwise brilliant fighters. He is on another level and even personal favorites of mine like Machida and Evans were over matched. I have no problems if Jones remains at LHW for the remainder of his division.

Same here but wouldn't it be interesting to see him embarrass some heavyweights too? I'm curious what all he is capable of.

At 205 a rematch with Gus should be priority #1. I have my doubts about Rumble but if he beats Gus, I guess that is an interesting fight.

That probably takes care of 2015. In MMA, a lot can happen in a year and so to say that the division is "cleaned out" and act like that is a permanent state is a misnomer IMO. For all we know, 205 could be very interesting in 2016, either from new fighters moving up or from Gus / Rumble upsetting Jones in 2015.

The fact of the matter is that fighters moving up (or down) in weight is almost always driven more by necessity than choice. Silva dabbled at 205 because he couldn't sell PPV's at one point in his career at 205. He never committed to 205 because, well, 185 was better for him. Randy moved back and forth between divisions based on opportunity. Even the great BJ Penn's first move to 170 was because the UFC shut down 155 ((after Penn failed to win the 155 title twice).

I think HW would only appeal to Jones if it was a big money super fight. I see two scenarios for that. One, Jones does a one off to fight somebody like Cain because Cain isn't a huge HW and the fight will pay him an insane amount of money (I don't think Cain is popular enough - at the moment - to drive that). Secondly, the HW title holder looks weak and Jones sees an opportunity to fight a specific HW who he thinks that he matches up well and with can "make history" (let's call this the "Roy Jones")

Same here but wouldn't it be interesting to see him embarrass some heavyweights too? I'm curious what all he is capable of.

Jones is actually an average sized LHW. That's what his haters don't get. He walks around at 220lbs. Guys like Cain walk and fight at 245lb plus. He would lose to any top 5 HW and most likely to any top 10 HW.

There are weight divisions for a reason. He is best suited for LHW. He has no business fighting the likes of JDS.

Jones has obligation to move up, but as fans most of us want to see great fighters tested and pushed to their limits. That will happen the best at HW for Jones.

Im with you ts, Im not much for Jones, but hating on him not moving up or "ducking" hw is silly.

He'd have to waste so much time bulking. Maybe when hes older and the cut gets too rough, if it ever does. He'll have a few more defenses if he doesn't lose by then too. Might make more sense then, if such a thing would ever :make sense".

Jones has obligation to move up, but as fans most of us want to see great fighters tested and pushed to their limits. That will happen the best at HW for Jones.

Jones has no obligation to his fans - as his fans have no issue with him staying at LHW. He definitely owes nothing to his blind haters who just want to see him lose at HW and vacate the LHW division so their precious Nordic Knight Gus can be the champ.

Screw that, I feel like as he gets older he will naturally thicken up and fill out to where he walks around at 240ish, thatll be the time to consider a weight jump.

othee than that, if he is still cutting to LHW no problem, then dont fix it if it aint broke

I'm not a fan of champs moving up for any reason other than a difficulty making weight. The occasional super-fight...yeah sure. Maybe. But Jones should sit tight, and crush the LHW division until someone is able to dethrone him.

People want him to vacate LHW so he doesn't break Anderson's streak.

People loathe that he is on track to place himself above the names of GSP, Anderson, and Fedor before his career is over and done.

because haters gonna hate

Cain is just some guy with 2 title defenses under his belt while Jones is well on his way of overcoming all the records Anderson has set.

Jones is running out of challengers, sure but that is the status quo at heavyweight at any given time.

Jones has no obligation to his fans - as his fans have no issue with him staying at LHW. He definitely owes nothing to his blind haters who just want to see him lose at HW and vacate the LHW division so their precious Nordic Knight Gus can be the champ.

That precious Nordic Knight sent him to the hospital and turned him into a walking Shadface and he'll do it again in a rematch lol.

That precious Nordic Knight sent him to the hospital and turned him into a walking Shadface and he'll do it again in a rematch lol.

ummm and he ended up losing the fight to Jones. Why do you Gus fans always forget that part ?

You act like Gus wasn't almost done at the end of R4. Bones out struck and beat Gus fair and square. It was Jones' toughest fight, for sure. But Bones beat Gus.

11.gif

ummm and he ended up losing the fight to Jones. Why do you Gus fans always forget that part ?

You act like Gus wasn't almost done at the end of R4. Bones out struck and beat Gus fair and square. It was Jones' toughest fight, for sure. But Bones beat Gus.

11.gif

It's funny that he didn't actually oustrike him and they changed the statistics post fight.

Also they consider his knee tap kick to be a significant strike? lmfao.

They also count blocked kicks as landed ones.

Most people felt Gus won that fight, and Gus was just waiting out the bell, it's not like he dropped or really looked dazed.

Back