Why should I cook with ghee

Urban

Savage Mystic
@Gold
Reaction score
No really, what are the health benefits, what makes it superior to other oils for cooking, and what about my heart's health? OH! and can I use it to season cast iron cookware?

I'm going to bed, but somebody better answer my questions before I get bumped off the first page... or HEADS WILL ROLL!!!

Kichari to the first question.

I don't know to the second.

Didn't I tell you Chad would be the first person to attempt to answer? LOL

Stimulates the digestion better than any other oil.

(Supposedly) Increases disease immunity

It has a high smoking point (like peanut oil) making it good for frying

(Supposedly) It increases the medicinal properties of spices when spices are saut

fat_wilhelm said:
Stimulates the digestion better than any other oil.

(Supposedly) Increases disease immunity

It has a high smoking point (like peanut oil) making it good for frying

(Supposedly) It increases the medicinal properties of spices when spices are saut

Yes, I noticed that, too. Hopefully, it was just a typo.

Whats that supposed to mean?

Pffft!

Just means I've gotten to know you a bit. Urban IM'ed me and asked me about ghee, which I don't know from a can of duck shit. So he says: "if I can't talk to you about this wierd shit who can I talk to about it?" I replied: "I'm willing to wager Chad Hamilton will answer first."

Just read why the East Indians used it.

"10 seconds on google." - Thats one of Urbans favorites.

I would have but I don't really care a lick about ghee. lol I care about ghee as much as I cared about that Vegan chick trying to tell me how wrong it was to eat meat and how you can get your necessary daily protein intake from fucking spinach. I was more interested in that it started raining right at that moment.

Ghee tastes really darn good (it's just clarified butter), doesn't burn at low temperatures like butter, isn't damaged (releasing harmful free radicals) by heat like unsaturated fats.

I am attempting to season a pan with ghee, and it's slow going to be honest. I think it will work, but it's going to take longer and more coats than crisco.

Back