Why people hate Michael Chandler

He is fake. He is trying to secure a job with the UFC and have good relationships with all fighters.
Most people are fake. It's not only him.
But I think many people don't like him because of his expression and the confidence he shows. He seems in love with himself.
But I have to admit. I disliked him more in Bellator. At least he is a bit more likeable than in the past.
You can't take him as a friend. he will stab you in the back.

People have asked why many fans consider Chandler to be fake. This respone to Helen Yee (timestamped) is a good example of why he comes off as fake. Yee asks him about Conor's comments about Poirier's family & Khabib's dad, instead of speaking honestly Chandler gives an absurd response to avoid saying anything bad about Conor, you can literally see the wheels turning in his head as he's angling for a future Conor fight. No honesty at all. He will just say what he needs to at the moment.

because hate is love

Chandler just likes to talk. If he has account on sherdog, it must be the one with 10k posts at least.
The fact that he offers Dustin another Conor rematch is because Bellator in his blood, where all champions were fighting each other over and over again.

He also unknowignly to himself threw the fight against Oliviera, because losing to Oliviera fits Bellator LW champion and he just had to follow the pattern. He is probably real for the most part, but too smart for his own good and outsmarted himself multiple times to his own detriment.
And these days you gain little props from feuding with Conor, because the list of Conor's adversaries is longer than average list of sherdogger's gf's. So you would have to compete with too many people. Plus, piling up on a guy, who was absolutely destroyed two times in a row by the same guy almost the same method is just weak.

People have asked why many fans consider Chandler to be fake. This respone to Helen Yee (timestamped) is a good example of why he comes off as fake. Yee asks him about Conor's comments about Poirier's family & Khabib's dad, instead of speaking honestly Chandler gives an absurd response to avoid saying anything bad about Conor, you can literally see the wheels turning in his head as he's angling for a future Conor fight. No honesty at all. He will just say what he needs to at the moment.

But you guys hate fighters when they are real, and say whatever is on their minds too, so how does this make any sense?

But you guys hate fighters when they are real, and say whatever is on their minds too, so how does this make any sense?
Who do we hate that’s real? I see a lot of hate for Colby because he’s also fake, Conor because he’s an asshole, Jones because he’s a junkie and a cheater. They each have their reasons to be hated.

Reminds me a lot of when cejudo was first on the scene and joe benevidez called him out for being fake. He’s just kind of corny and trying too hard imo. Fake role model thing. People want to see your real personality. Like when cejudo came out of his shell a lot more people liked him

Jealousy.

He is dedicated, fights anyone, brawls and is very technical at the same time. There is literally nothing to not like about him unless you value theatrics over actual mma.

Who do we hate that’s real? I see a lot of hate for Colby because he’s also fake, Conor because he’s an asshole, Jones because he’s a junkie and a cheater. They each have their reasons to be hated.
But that’s my point. Being real or fake has nothing to do with it, people just dislike fighter because they dislike other qualities about them. GSP to me was always himself, but tons of people here hate him. DC, on the other hand, I feel like is a super fake nice guy, but most people like him.

In Chandler's case, people just dislike him because they think he got a push from the UFC that he didn’t deserve.

But that’s exactly my point, I think Chandler believes and thinks Conor was a shit bag for behaving the way he has, only he’d never publicly say that because he’s chasing the red panty night. That’s just my read on the situation. Gaethje wanted to fight Conor too but that never stopped him from giving his true opinion on who Conor is. Same goes for Khabib and Dustin. Those guys are genuine, Chandler isn’t. Just my opinion. I’m only explaining why many people find him to be fake.
It seemed earlier you said all he had to say was family is off topic and that is just consensus right view, but he didn’t say that. So, wouldnt saying something because you had to say it make you fake. Maybe he believes it’s fair game or maybe he wants a payday. You really can’t draw a conclusion based on this. Motivation really matters for your conclusion and you don’t have that info.

So you hate him because he didn't show hate for Conor? That's fucked up.

Last edited:
Wow. I can’t believe some fighters are cocky and full of themselves. They should tell themselves that they are trash and stay in bed all day suckin on his mamas teet

Reactions: HHJ
He is fake. He is trying to secure a job with the UFC and have good relationships with all fighters.
Most people are fake. It's not only him.
But I think many people don't like him because of his expression and the confidence he shows. He seems in love with himself.
But I have to admit. I disliked him more in Bellator. At least he is a bit more likeable than in the past.
You can't take him as a friend. he will stab you in the back.
lmao @ all of this

i don't care about his politics, and good for him for adopting a black guy but the UFC shouldn't shove that into our faces. I don't like him because he's fake as hell. Not a genuine person.
How many times have you hung out with him?

Because he is from Bellator.

The UFC superiority complex that the shills regurgitate is why he gets hate.

Back