Why people are acting as if Jones dominated Cormier?

phoenixikki

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
When that was not the case? It was clearly a competitive fight. DC was not in the danger of being finished, and neither was Jones.
Both were taken down, but neither could inflict damage or secure a dangerous submission.
In the end props to both of them, because THEY delivered.

Last edited:
Because Jones did better than expected in the wrestling department in this fight while still outstriking Cormier. I think the 4th round really clouds people's judgement when it comes to the fight as a whole.

4th round was pretty dominant for Jones but the first 3 were close and competitive and the 5th was just a bunch of hugging against the cage with little action actually happening.

When that was not the case? It was clearly a competitive fight. DC was not in the danger of being finished, and neither was Jones.
Both were taken down, but neither could inflict damage or secure a dangerous submission.
In the end props for both of them, because THEY delivered.

Because this is a forum where nobody really matters.

Because Jones took the game plan everyone was saying DC needed to implement to beat Jones, and beat DC with it.

DC eked out one round. Was pretty dominant performance by the champ.

jones didn't dominate dc and vice versa. Jones just happens to have won rounds 1,4 and 5.

He didn't dominate but he pretty clearly won.

Because leading up to the fight what appeared to be the majority of people on the forum have been saying that Jones would get ragdolled by Cormier and could only win by using his reach. Come fight time, Jones not only initiated but soundly beat DC in the clinch, outwrestled him and was the clear victor in a fight people have for months been saying he would lose.

This is what happens after those predictions blow up in your face. Had it been the other way around, the DC camp would be doing the same thing. Put on your big girl panties and deal with it for the next 6 days. This is how it goes on sherdog.

when it comes to rounds it was 3-2 to Jones, so it was close fight, and DC won the striking game

With all that enormous reach advantage he could not even hurt DC standing. The body shots where the only thing DC said gave him problem.

because DC took everyone down at heavyweight so easy...and they expected a Cain vs JDS 2 & 3 like performance...

Because Jon beat Daniel with Dans best chance to win this fight, wrestling and clinch work.

Jones won 4 rounds to 1 pretty simple. Like jones said I make guys who seem invincible look not so good.

In the end props to both of them, because THEY delivered.

I felt it started to go downhill for Cormier after the eye poke, he wasn't the same after that. I am not a judge, but from what I saw, round 1, 3, and 5 were fairly close and I would not have been surprised to see a split decision.

Neither took that much damage ... Both had pretty unmarked faces after

Because Jones took the game plan everyone was saying DC needed to implement to beat Jones, and beat DC with it.

DC eked out one round. Was pretty dominant performance by the champ.

This. Jones is better than Cormier, who clearly was not able to fight at the pace needed to beat Jones.

true dat, bones won 3 rounds, one of them being the fifth where he did nothing and herb dean being a shitty ref

round 5 +
herb deans crappy reffing +
joe rogan nut sucking bones with his commentary =
huge round for bones

Jones didn't dominate DC.

I thought Jones looked a little bit uncomfortable at times, but then again he was never in any trouble.

Certainly not his best performance by any means, but he clearly won the fight against a top top fighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back