Why people are acting as if Jones dominated Cormier?

I felt it started to go downhill for Cormier after the eye poke, he wasn't the same after that. I am not a judge, but from what I saw, round 1, 3, and 5 were fairly close and I would not have been surprised to see a split decision.

All three judges had it 49-46. Like everyone else in the world.

How come the judge let them hug all through round five??

It was a competitive fight. DC slowed down a ton toward the end.

but props to Jones.

true dat, bones won 3 rounds, one of them being the fifth where he did nothing and herb dean being a shitty ref

round 5 +
herb deans crappy reffing +
joe rogan nut sucking bones with his commentary =
huge round for bones
I noticed that too, everytime Jones landed something, Rogan was having tiny orgasms.

How come the judge let them hug all through round five??

LOL well they let DC do it to Mir for THREE full rounds, so...

Every ounce of energy DC had in round 5 went into that takedown that Jones immediately popped right up from. Had Herb not let Jones clinch DC against the cage for that long odds are DC just gets beaten up worse in round 5. DC had just nothing left in the tank.

As much as I dont like JJ, he dominated Cormier. He dictated the pace of the fight, dominated the clinch and outwrested Cormier. Simple as that!
If Cormier wants to have a chance against Jones he needs to bring a bigger gas tank and dont walk around 240 pounds or so. He needs to train lighter.

The first 3 rounds were very close and competitive. DC just gassed hard and then turned into a deer in headlights.

LOL well they let DC do it to Mir for THREE full rounds, so...

Every ounce of energy DC had in round 5 went into that takedown that Jones immediately popped right up from. Had Herb not let Jones clinch DC against the cage for that long odds are DC just gets beaten up worse in round 5. DC had just nothing left in the tank.
I di

I didn't think it was that competitive at all as much as i took my digs at DC calling him butterball and questioning his ability to get into real fight shape, I never questioned his fighting skill.
I thought at some point he was gonna get Jon in trouble never happened, Jon picked, pecked, & non eye poked his way to another victory. I don't know what DC's fight plan for Jon was but it sucked dirty ass.

Granted DC is a one of a kind beast, Jones' performance was nowhere near as impressive as I expected.

I read people saying he dominated, outstruck and outgrappled DC, but I didn't see much of it outside of round 4.

Other than that round, the fight was a pretty lackluster clinch fest, not what I'd expect from the "GOAT".

granted dc is a one of a kind beast, jones' performance was nowhere near as impressive as i expected.

I read people saying he dominated, outstruck and outgrappled dc, but i didn't see much of it outside of round 4.

Other than that round, the fight was a pretty lackluster clinch fest, not what i'd expect from the "goat".
+ 1

because cormier sure reacted like he got whooped.

Clear, decisive victory for Jones. Hats off to him. But it was not domination, not a wrecking.

Only dumbasses use the words dominate, dominant, and domination when describing a fight. And most of the time they swap the words dominant and dominate out of context.

For example: "Jones was dominate in that fight!"

Because leading up to the fight what appeared to be the majority of people on the forum have been saying that Jones would get ragdolled by Cormier and could only win by using his reach. Come fight time, Jones not only initiated but soundly beat DC in the clinch, outwrestled him and was the clear victor in a fight people have for months been saying he would lose.

This is what happens after those predictions blow up in your face. Had it been the other way around, the DC camp would be doing the same thing. Put on your big girl panties and deal with it for the next 6 days. This is how it goes on sherdog.

That's true. I predicted DC to ragdoll JJ,
I could see the reach being an issue but knew DC would
Get in and crack him. I just can't grasp how JJ took multiple shots
that put heavyweights and Hendo out. Really did not thnk his chin was that strong-or maybe I thought Cormier was stronger/harder puncher than he is.

when it comes to rounds it was 3-2 to Jones, so it was close fight, and DC won the striking game

Actually it was 4-1 and DC said the body shots and knees from Jones did him in so, no.

Back