Why oh why remake total recall?

CauseImbetta

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Every Arnold movie they tried to remake was a flop, from Conan to everything else. Why would they even try to remake total recall without 1/2 of it's plot/cast of characters and details?

Why oh why.

Every Arnold movie they tried to remake was a flop, from Conan to everything else. Why would they even try to remake total recall without 1/2 of it's plot/cast of characters and details?

Why oh why.

I agree. Why do they have to remake every halfway decent movie these days... Come up with an original idea!

Also, how are you gonna switch in Colin Farrell for Arnold... might as well get Justin Bieber

Why? Money.

I bet Kuato is rolling over in his grave.

I don't know, so they could make people specify either the good one or the shit one when referencing Total Recall.

I imagine the TS is talking about the recent remake, which is total dogshit, imo.

Basically, like the above poster said, it is all about milking every last cent out of the moviegoers.

Call me crazy, but I liked Running Man more than Total Recall.

Having seen it but I'm guessing it was just an excuse for another broad with three tits

It was kinda fun, though the last 20 minutes sucked. I can watch Jessica Biel read the phonebook though. Ahnold TR is a classic of course. Great movie.

Repost from the other thread:
Why did Colin Farrell's brain have to be wiped? Did you ask yourself that? You see, in the original, there was a reason that his character had to have his memory wiped: the leader of the resistance could read minds. It was the only way that Arnie could infiltrate his network and get close to him. The entire premise of the movie doesn't make any sense in the remake.

539w.jpg

She should file for divorce from Len. Then she can be mine.

Total Recall was a classic.

I agree, I didn't mean that Total Recall isn't a classic... I have it on Blueray. I meant that more in a general sense, talking about how they've been redoing lame movies like Judge Dredd. Also, I wouldn't mind if the remake was good but it seems like they are never as good as the original. Some things are better left alone...

Mostly it's Hollywood's general lack of creativity, deciding to remake every fucking film that ever made a profit, but also that the original veered away from Philip K Dick's story.

I agree, I didn't mean that Total Recall isn't a classic... I have it on Blueray. I meant that more in a general sense, talking about how they've been redoing lame movies like Judge Dredd. Also, I wouldn't mind if the remake was good but it seems like they are never as good as the original. Some things are better left alone...

They weren't remaking Judge Dredd as such. They were trying to do a proper adaptation of the comic. Dredd himself never removes his helmet (although other clones do), nor does he have romantic interest.

Why oh why.

dude, i saw it last night, it was terrible! the graphics and effects were great, but just wtf? it was a complete disaster.

Back