Why oh why remake total recall?

They weren't remaking Judge Dredd as such. They were trying to do a proper adaptation of the comic. Dredd himself never removes his helmet (although other clones do), nor does he have romantic interest.

Yeah but same thing with total recall... supposedly they were going to make it more like the book than the movie. Either way not necessary and not as good.

Total Recall was a masterpiece - it was one movie that should never have been remade. The new one looks like completely pointless, but fuck it, I'll never see it.

Because they aren't selling you a movie, they're selling you a movie title.

To be fair I didn't watch the remake, but there's no point. It can't be better than the original, because the classic version is too original. No matter how good the movie was, it couldn't compare to the version people saw that grew up then.

Afterall it's not like TR was the best movie ever (pretty good though), it was just so original that trying to remake it will do nothing but show how it fails to match the originality of the first one.

Don't get me wrong, I luuuuuuuuve Colin Farrell. But it wasn't very good at all.

TR remake was decent. I'd give it a C.

Production design was great.

Kate Beckinsale's character was pretty cool. It's like a metaphor for the wife that always has hatred for her husband and will do anything to make his life miserable.

The rest of the movie sucks.

Love the original, haven't seen the remake. My first thought as to why they were remaking it was because the original movie was based on a book but they changed a bunch of stuff. I figured the remake would be more like the book, I have no idea if that's true or not.

Fun fact:

Kate Beckinsale's upper teeth are dentures. Her front lower teeth are real, but very crooked if you have a closer look

ent-kate-beckinsale-600x400.jpg

Fun fact:

Kate Beckinsale's upper teeth are dentures. Her front lower teeth are real, but very crooked if you have a closer look

ent-kate-beckinsale-600x400.jpg

Original pic has a terrible tooth-to-gum ratio IMO. Her and Jessica Biel did do enough to hold my attention for the remake though... Don't worry my fellow Berrians, I watched it for free on my flight to LA after LOTR.

I happened to 'enjoy' the re-make.

The original was far better, but the new one was fun to watch. Not horrible like everyone is making it out to be.

Fun fact:

And Beckinsale was my go to example of a British person with quality teeth

the new one wasnt bad....it wasnt great either

the old one was no longer making anyone any money. So they take the title and hope it can add a few more bucks.

I could not resist seeing it for Biel and Beckinsail. Two uber foxes worth every penny.

Back