Why not Pettis-Diaz co-main?

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
I want to see Conor fight for another belt as much as the next guy, but lets be honest he has no real incentive to fight anyone but RDA at 155 right now. Too much risk versus reward. I vote save Conor for UFC 200 and make the Diaz/Pettis fight, since both are willing to step up and have wanted to fight each other for a while now. That or Cerrone/Diaz 2

Because McGregor wants that PPV money, and so do Holm / Tate.

conor is ready and down to fight. plus he'd be turning down millions if he sat out. he'll fight in two weeks.

I like either option a lot.

/petition signed

Diaz/Pettis will both step up to fight Conor cause it could do wonders for their career and make them lots and lots of money. Pitting them against eachother on the undercard doesn't really do much financially and so I don't think either would sign, especially Diaz.

Because McGregor wants that PPV money, and so do Holm / Tate.

i know he wants a big payday but after destroying aldo im sure he can afford to sit on the shelf for a bit, and the only real compelling matchup right now is Pettis who has the potential to beat him IMO. And even if Conor wins it does nothing to raise his stock people will just give him shit like they did when he beat Mendes on short notice saying it was a fluke

no
I know a Cowboy who will fight anyone, anywhere at anytime.

no
I know a Cowboy who will fight anyone, anywhere at anytime.

love cerrone but i see him getting soundly outstruck and TKO'd by mcgregor. could be interesting if he chooses to take it to the ground like his last fight though

i know he wants a big payday but after destroying aldo im sure he can afford to sit on the shelf for a bit, and the only real compelling matchup right now is Pettis who has the potential to beat him IMO. And even if Conor wins it does nothing to raise his stock people will just give him shit like they did when he beat Mendes on short notice saying it was a fluke
Arguably, McGregor-Diaz or McGregor-Cowboy are bigger fights than the dos Anjos fight. Grudge matches sell largest, and both Diaz and Cowboy are much more popular than dos Anjos domestically, and would be a better hedge to get 1,000,000+ buys.

Make no mistake about it; what McGregor wants is to be the first $100,000,000 athlete in UFC history. Winning belts and being considered "the best" is just a means to get there quicker.

Only solution I see is a tag-match .

2 minutes Diaz fights McG , the tag out for 2 mins to Pettis.

That way there is no excuses for not having a full camp.... because everyone knows 9/10 times anyone can beat him with a full camp..... *eyeroll *

Don't fuck over the girls just b/c RDA can't get it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back