Why not Cain v Fedor for a title shot ?

Fedor and his fans are scared shitless of that lol

Cain has already lost the belt twice and Fedor hasn't beat anyone of note in like 6 years.

So I vote no.

It is fair that is why Fedor fans want nothing to do with it. I'm surprised more of his fans aren't demanding he fight Derrick Lewis for a title shot.

Fedor vs Werdum 2 is the big money fight though.

The UFC would be stupid to not make it happen.

It would be a good fight to see where Fedor's at right out of the gate.

No way Fedor takes that fight especially for a first fight back.

Fedor is a bad match up for cain. Cain fights close so chances are big he will end up in a judo throw. Followed by an arm bar. If he fights at range Fedor throws bombs and crushes cains chin slapping on arm bar after for good measure.

Ofc Fedor is older, 5 years, and prolly has some good amount of ring rust. But tbh Cain hasnt been to active either. Fedor was a gold medalist for sambo in 2012, since then cain only fought 3 times....

Fedor could clip him, easily. I'd pay to see it. Ppl always build Cain up as this invincible force but I don't see it, I remember his early fights and his championship moments. He's big and awkward in his movements, he's 33, his chin and reflexes will soon fade and he'll be a one trick pony.. he's a risk to get clipped every fight here on out, whether it's JDS, Werdum... or Kongo, or Fedor.

Well Mir is out of the question for a return fight so I vote title fight. Or Barnett.

Fedor is on a 3 win streak.

Cain is 1-1 since 2013.

I don't see how Cain deserves Fedor.

Feed Fedor Bigfoot first IMO .....no need to throw him to the lions after a few years off

Because Cain needs a better win to get another title shot

Either Arlovski or Fedor.

Edit: I mean, either Arlovski or Fedor for this next Title shot... vs Werdum.

But Fedor vs Velasquez in a Title Eliminator would be great (if Fedor's not getting Werdum next)

Last edited:
Because you're guaranteed to kill off one of the two top contenders in an already weak division.

Cain is in no way deserving of another try. He got dominated.

I think it's a tough first fight back for Fedor and from a marketing and business standpoint, it's a risky move.

If Fedor comes back and gets blown out by Cain, people are going to say he should have never came back and there won't be must interest in seeing him continue to fight.

If you immediately put him in a title shot, if he loses to Werdum, he simply lost to the best HW in the world currently and a guy that has already beat Fedor. If Fedor wins, it would show he still has it and you can really get behind him and start putting him in fights against guys like Cain, Stipe and JDS.

Back