Why no real "mainstream" promotion for UFC 245?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
We have seen other guys like Chael or Dana go on shows like First Take to promote fights and cards before.
The biggest and best card of the year tomorrow, however nothing?

Even if Colby/Dana/Nunes/Max was on First Take for 5 minutes I'd imagine it'd generate a tonne more buys, or even just eyes in general.

Seems weird is all. Pretty inconsistent from ESPN.

Literally not an ounce of coverage in the UK

Colby should get a commercial spot.

Literally not an ounce of coverage in the UK
That ain't true. They were plugging it during the Europa League coverage and I think the Champions League coverage too. Think they even referred to it as a "blockbuster card" or something like that.

Covington-Usman is not a mainstream friendly fight. It has plenty of potential to stink up the joint.

That ain't true. They were plugging it during the Europa League coverage and I think the Champions League coverage too. Think they even referred to it as a "blockbuster card" or something like that.

I wouldn’t class BT Sport as mainstream

Also on a side note always hilarious hearing Gary linekar fucking up the fighters names

I doubt Goof wants to see Colby on ESPN tearing into him.

We have seen other guys like Chael or Dana go on shows like First Take to promote fights and cards before.
The biggest and best card of the year tomorrow, however nothing?

Even if Colby/Dana/Nunes/Max was on First Take for 5 minutes I'd imagine it'd generate a tonne more buys, or even just eyes in general.

Seems weird is all. Pretty inconsistent from ESPN.
Lol at biggest card of the year.

The 3 title fights are misleading, one is a chick fight, the other is a champion coming off a loss against a guy with no following, and the third is between two grapplefuck decision machines.

meh

"Listen Colby, we put you in the main event on the biggest card of the year and it just didn't sell, the best we can give you on your next contract is $24,000"

No need.
Colby is that big a star

I would be a lot more excited if there wasn’t a wmma fight on the card. It really does kill the vibe. Imagine if they put Perry vs Neal on this instead. Card would be unbelievable. Now we have to watch 2 fights, go to the bathroom/smoke and come back for the last 2 fights. It’s just an inconvenience. Miss the old days.

Lol at biggest card of the year.

The 3 title fights are misleading, one is a chick fight, the other is a champion coming off a loss against a guy with no following, and the third is between two grapplefuck decision machines.

meh
Okay boomer.

I would be a lot more excited if there wasn’t a wmma fight on the card. It really does kill the vibe. Imagine if they put Perry vs Neal on this instead. Card would be unbelievable. Now we have to watch 2 fights, go to the bathroom/smoke and come back for the last 2 fights. It’s just an inconvenience. Miss the old days.
Nunes GDR will be a scrap. You are all trying too hard.

Well, it’s not an espn card. So I’m guessing espn doesn’t get a cut if the profits if it does well?

Nunes GDR will be a scrap. You are all trying too hard.
giphy.gif
Would be a great scrap in Invicta. Get it outta here. Nobody wants to watch that crap.

Would be a great scrap in Invicta. Get it outta here. Nobody wants to watch that crap.
Does it annoy you to know both of them would make you cry?
I generally don't back WMMA up. But this just is a good fight. GDRs stand up is levels.

Its a super niche violent sport and always will be.

Does it annoy you to know both of them would make you cry?
No it annoys me having to watch crap when I wanna watch real fights. This card is fucking sick. Then they have to destroy it by putting this crap in the MIDDLE of it. Why can’t they just make a WUFC? Fucking sick of women’s sport piggybacking off of male sports. Even 2K added WNBA and FIFA added women’s soccer like what the fuck? Why don’t they just make their own game and stand on their own legs? If women’s sports is so fucking dope why can’t they carry themselves?

No it annoys me having to watch crap when I wanna watch real fights. This card is fucking sick. Then they have to destroy it by putting this crap in the MIDDLE of it. Why can’t they just make a WUFC? Fucking sick of women’s sport piggybacking off of male sports. Even 2K added WNBA and FIFA added women’s soccer like what the fuck? Why don’t they just make their own game and stand on their own legs? If women’s sports is so fucking dope why can’t they carry themselves?
Did you watch Nunes vs Cyborg? Thoughts?

And if that was a pair of FW dudes what is your opinion on it.

It's not a drama filled fight/McG is not there/The fighters are not a popular draw for the casual fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back