Why judo/bjj/wrestling/grappling initially?

Not listed. Fun.

I thought about that afterward but really think its gotta be fun if anyone were going to pay to do it anyway. That has got to be everyones initial reason. Or...what about it mostly do you find fun...

Initially started cross training bjj just to fill in some gaps while I was doing other martial arts. Liked it so much I dropped everything else.

I've done TMA to death and wanted/needed something totally diferent so BJJ is it. I still like standup too; it's kind of a 55-45 thing but since the BJJ classes really fit my schedule it might as well be 90-10.

I thought about that afterward but really think its gotta be fun if anyone were going to pay to do it anyway. That has got to be everyones initial reason. Or...what about it mostly do you find fun...

Mainly competition. I find it fun testing my skills against someone else's.

Was in 5th grade and my Father put me in Judo and Karate class. I hated the Karate (no offense to anyone.)

self def, one and only reason; i enjoyed the arts as i do all combat arts, but the reason i began was because of the need to be able to defend myself.

I ticked all except social - it's very rare I meet anyone outside my club who likes grappling. My family don't get it at all.

I started to wrestle in HS for each of the reasons you posted.

Basically, I was ten and wanted to be a bad ass ninja! Judo seemed to be the logical option as my dad didnt want me to do karate (thanks dad!)

Back