Why isn't there a World Tour to promote the fight?

There just isn't enough time. Just over two months until fight night from when the fight was announced.
So why not book for NYE and have time for a tour?

This is just strange

That said, I just want the fight to happen already

You seem to enjoy aspects of fights that don't exclusively involve watching the fight, I mean you are here, now. Why are you on such a high horse?

Because I am trying to study the minds of these people.

Those world tours were a fucking embarrassment. Even the big fight with Mayweather couldn’t make those nights entertaining. The only interesting thing was Dana almost having a stroke when he introduced CM

As everyone else has said .. no time and no need.

Plus, a pretty fair/reasonable ask from Conor to not want it.

One of the things Chael actually gets right is his rants about these "smartest guy in the room" fight fans who act like it's only about the fights, then shush everybody in the room when Brock storms into the cage.

Everybody loves spectacle. It's embarrassing that people think they have to pretend to be above it. And that they think that makes them smarter or more aware of something that the rest of us are missing. They're in every single thread/discussion regarding ratings, buy rates, promotion, etc.

Miserable, simple-minded bums with no self-awareness.

Whenever someone on Sherdog claims they "only care about fighting not pointless drama", I go through their post history and in less than a minute I'll find them talking about pointless drama in a thread. Every single time. The level of salt and delusion of some of these self-proclaimed hardcores is comically absurd.

The MayMac fight was announced in a similar time frame...like 2 months before the fight and they still found a way to promote the fight in 4 cities in 4 straight days. Shit was what sold the fight to 4 million people.
Because Conor fans didn't know who the Fook Floyd was. And what sold was everyone believing Conor would KO Floyd, plus all of Floyd's haters.

Don't care just shut up and fight. Anyone who is going to buy the PPV will do it without that ridiculous shit show...but I'm sure it will still happen

giphy.gif

<YeahOKJen>

Whenever someone on Sherdog claims they "only care about fighting not pointless drama", I go through their post history and in less than a minute I'll find them talking about pointless drama in a thread. Every single time. The level of salt and delusion of some of these self-proclaimed hardcores is comically absurd.

Lol, I am not even trying to hide the fact that I occasionally visit threads that revolve around non-fighting topics. However, I do it for the sake of studying simple people's minds as well as making fun of them.

They probably couldn't foot it because they spent all their money on Conor's pay...
Which is the same reason why we won't have any other good fighters on this card.
And then he refuses to do media because he needs to "train more and focus on the fight" when he started his career by selling fights with his mouth.
I think it's bullshit...but it is what it is.
<41>

It doesn't need a world tour .... it sells around the same PPV regardless.

giphy.gif

This is a thread about drama and fight promotion, I'm here to stay, if you can't handle it feel free to bail

What can I say...sharp things tend to have an edge. You wouldn't know it, you're more of a blunt thing.

Lol, I am not even trying to hide the fact that I occasionally visit threads that revolve around non-fighting topics. However, I do it for the sake of studying simple people's minds as well as making fun of them.

"I occasionally act retarded to study retarded people"
"I'm so much smarter than primitives like GSP"

<36>

Doesn't need a world tour.

They'll be a press conference soon and Conor can get his rehearsed lines out don't worry.

"I occasionally act retarded to study retarded people"
"I'm so much smarter than primitives like GSP"

<36>

Retard measuring people's intelligence by looking at their bank accounts.

<Lmaoo>

Please don't imply that the 4 million who paid for MayMac are MMA fans, they're casual fans at best who only know of Conor McGregor and thought he'd KO Floyd

The majority of actual fans, both of boxing and MMA, saw that fight for the sham it was
Didn't see your post, but this is what i thought too.
They had to build Conor up as a one punch KO machine and it worked.

Back