Why is Vitali Klitschko back?

TheBestEver***

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't get it, the man was a force to be recon with when he was active. He annhilated Danny Williams, Corrie Sanders, and was giving the Legend Lennox Lewis a run for his money.

Then he was to face Hasbeen Rahman and decided to just call it quits over a KNEE INJURY. He took off two years, probably has enormous ring rust, and now he wants another shot at the division.

What for? He said that his goal was to face either Lennox Lewis or Mike Tyson, and since that is now impossible, why did he even come back? I think Vitali and Wladmir will clean up this division and become the Serena and Venus Williams of heavyweight boxing.

But one must wonder why Vitali decided to leave in the first place.

If he feels like he`s ready to be a serious contender again why shouldn`t he come back....

What I don`t like is the fact that Sam Peter is obligated to fight him now instead of his brother. If Vitali beats Sam then it could be a while before we have a true HW champ again.

But I don`t think he needs a reason to come back aside from the fact he wants to.

If he feels like he`s ready to be a serious contender again why shouldn`t he come back....

What I don`t like is the fact that Sam Peter is obligated to fight him now instead of his brother. If Vitali beats Sam then it could be a while before we have a true HW champ again.

But I don`t think he needs a reason to come back aside from the fact he wants to.

If Vitali looks anything like the way he did in 03-04' era then I wouldn't want to be Sam Peter

dont worry after he wins a title he will tear an acl playing darts or air hockey,on a sidenote I love air hokey

dont worry after he wins a title he will tear an acl playing darts or air hockey,on a sidenote I love air hokey

Who doesn`t love air hockey...if my gf wasn`t so good at it I would play more.

But if I was him coming back after a long layoff I would think about a tune-up fight before getting back in there against a top guy like Peter.

It says to me that Vitali is either confident in his abilities or the weakness of the rest of the division.

Or alternatively that he think he only has one run left in him and doesn`t want to risk missing a title shot by losing to someone else before hand.

ever listen to the that ojays song...money?

True, but I doubt we will actually see him return to the ring, guy is made out of legos.
That said, after the injuries and the layoff I wouldnt be surprised to see him get his ass beat and hang em up again.

I wonder myself, although his life otuside the ring hasnt taken off like he thought it would so it seems he needs this to boost his profile.

I dont think his body will hold out long enough to get into shape to fight.

I wonder myself, although his life otuside the ring hasnt taken off like he thought it would so it seems he needs this to boost his profile.

Was there really any chance of him becoming famous outside the ring in North America...

It is tough enough for boxers to cross over into the mainstream without the added disadvantage of being European and looking just like your brother.

Unless he stuck his name on a grill or a sandwich maker or something.

Not talking about N. America, in the Ukraine he wanted to get into politics and it didnt take off.

you guys seem to forget that he was losing ground against lennox and would have lost an eye if he continued fighting, so this guy's best fight is one he lost, both officially and unofficially because he was fading fast and would have been beaten more convincingly a couple of rounds later.

both vitali and vlad are similar, they both are front running bullies, and are terrified when someone has the guts to throw punches back at them, wlad is the better fighter since he keeps a pumping jab going but throw back at him and if he's not scurrying away backwards he's clutches so desperately it makes john ruiz blush. vitali when under attack moves straight backward with his arms in the air like he's got no idea what to do. both of them are good for this era but against competent, motivated, skilled, fearless heavyweights are definitely beatable, just ask lamon brewster, corrie sanders, and chris byrd.

not a motivated and in shape lennonx.

being motivated and in shape on an every-fight basis is part of the definition of your career and you as a fighter. If you, by your own free will, show up to a fight that banks you millions of dollars out of shape and unmotivated, what else is there to say really other than that chances are you'll show up to another one out of shape and unmotivated...

your logic is even more absurd than saying 'well vitaly only lost because of the cut on his eye'....yeah muhfukka, he sho 'nuff did, and??

being motivated and in shape on an every-fight basis is part of the definition of your career and you as a fighter. If you, by your own free will, show up to a fight that banks you millions of dollars out of shape and unmotivated, what else is there to say really other than that chances are you'll show up to another one out of shape and unmotivated...

your logic is even more absurd than saying 'well vitaly only lost because of the cut on his eye'....yeah muhfukka, he sho 'nuff did.

lewis rahman 2....how that work out? out of shape and unmotivated in one but not so much 2.

lennonx was coming on versus vitali and he was out of shape.

I didn't say anything bout the cut.

The man had numerous injuries over those couple of years.

It's not like he woke up one morning and decided to stop fighting.

Also, aside from Peter... The only other real opponent he has is Wlad.

I don't get it, the man was a force to be recon with when he was active. He annhilated Danny Williams, Corrie Sanders, and was giving the Legend Lennox Lewis a run for his money.

Then he was to face Hasbeen Rahman and decided to just call it quits over a KNEE INJURY. He took off two years, probably has enormous ring rust, and now he wants another shot at the division.

What for? He said that his goal was to face either Lennox Lewis or Mike Tyson, and since that is now impossible, why did he even come back? I think Vitali and Wladmir will clean up this division and become the Serena and Venus Williams of heavyweight boxing.

But one must wonder why Vitali decided to leave in the first place.

im from Kiev, after all the postponments at the time of his last chance title defence against Rahman he did have injuries, he has chronic back pains that involves sliped discs and he never knows when its coming back, plus his knee. But main thing he was deep in politics running for mayor of Kiev and thats a lot of work to do trust me. Btw, he became second, but should've been first, his opponent bought majority of the votes

Back