Why is UFC going up against the ALL STAR game?

Jon-Jones-basketball-dunk-GIF.gif

A lot of you guys are making assumptions based on what you like ahaha happens all the time and we’re self centered creatures. Plenty of people watch the all star game on Sunday night but the ratings are better for the dunk and 3 point contests on Saturday.

Not many people really care about the all star game i have friends that are die hard nba fans and they arent watching it.

The events are fun, but the all star game is the by far the least competitive game of the entire year. All it is good for is highlight dunks because no one plays any defense. No one is going to not watch this because the all star game is on.

Were in 2019 bro. People have like 5 screens at their homes (phones, tablets, tvs). U dont have to chose, u can tune into both ;-)
Yep I have 2 permanently set up that can switch to 5 with about 10 mins of work. Haven’t had to choose in a few years.

I suppose it's ESPN's decision. Doesn't seem like a smart move. Their fights are usually on Saturday, so this was obviously a strategic decision.

People still watch that friggin joke? Speaks to how dumb the mobs of American sports consumers really are.

I suppose it's ESPN's decision. Doesn't seem like a smart move. Their fights are usually on Saturday, so this was obviously a strategic decision.

cause espn said so and they rather not go up against the skills stuff on sat that always get big rating as well.

Because real basketball fans don't care about glorified training sessions with no defence.

Does anyone actually watch all star games?
Sure people will catch the highlights but there can't be anyone who actually sits through the whole game other than friends and family of the players.

The actual game? No chance. I like watching the 3 point contest and to a lesser extent the dunk contest though.

It's called "counter programming."

When big sporting events are on, the other stations go all out on programming for people who aren't into sports.

Overall, this is the primary sport for the people who watch it religiously.

"We're not here to take part. We're here to take over." - Kenny Florian.

All star what? Football is over and it's called the pro bowl. Baseball hasn't started yet, and hockey's all star game was last month.

No one actually watches the NBA All Star Game. I love basketball and I've maybe watched 10 minutes total of the ASG.

Now, I'll watch the Dunk Contest sometimes, and that was on yesterday (didn't watch it this year though).

I'm the opposite. I can't stand the NBA but the ASG is one of the few things I might watch

Oh please- The NBA track meet will do little damage in effecting mma fans watching espn debut ending in true heavyweight classic.

Spoiler- east or west wins 175-165 in an offensive exhibition that's seen every year.
What's the big ?

Very close! Final score 178 -164 Team Lebron

I'm an NBA fan and even I don't care about the All-Star game. It's usually a pick-up game style, no-defense, score-fest with no meaning whatsoever. I like the 3 pt Shootout, Rising Stars and all that better than the actual game anyway.

178 - 164. Defensive battle by All Star standards. lol

I've never replied to my own post before, but I couldn't resist.

The Rising Stars game is infinitely better than the All Star game. At least the 1st and 2nd year players still have something to prove in their game.

The UFC went against the ending of the Daytona 500, a WWE ppv, NBA All Star game and Walking Dead episode. The ratings will be interesting.

all star weekend has been an absolute joke in the nba before i stopped watching years ago.

hasn't been good since the late 2000's.
damn i sound old.
The one in Toronto 2-3 years ago was amazing. Aaron Gordon vs Zach Lavine was a classic

Back