Why is UFC going up against the ALL STAR game?

NBA is circus. The last time i watched live all stars game was 5 years ago.

It was a good open available slot on ESPN1. That's something will not always be an option for them on ESPN. Saturdays during the year ESPN is airing college football, college basketball, NBA playoffs, college baseball playoffs and so forth. I expect we'll see them on ESPN2 some also.

Maybe if less people tune in they won't stop half of the TKOs early.

Cain Ngannou will be on after the game is over and plus all of the asg viewers will come over to ESPN for coverage and it's gonna be UFC

Yeah I'm a bit confused why would they do Sunday in America? Its on Monday here in OZ. Does ESPN only focus on the states or are they trying to reach everyone? Shit time in Europe as well. It always is but at least if its late on a Saturday some people will stay up. Weird imo for a first big one.

Baskeball is boring and all star games in any sport are a waste of time

Isn't there a WWE PPV today as well? There's a huge crossover between those 2 markets, so it'll be interesting to compare the numbers after the fact.

As a general sports fan, UFC going against the NBA all star game, they don't have much to worry about at all

Nobody gives a shit about the NBA until the playoffs. The regular season is 7-8 good teams and everyone else tanking.

Does anyone actually watch all star games?
Not anymore. It's like that with all sports too.

Things like the dunk contest, home-run derby, and nfl/nhl skill competitions are more popular.

staying away from that totally stacked bellator card.

Most nba fans don't care about the boring exhibition all star game that nobody takes serious, the biggest festivities of all star weekend are the 3 point contest, dunking contest, etc so ufc was smart to have it Sunday and not Saturday.

I will probably watch a little of both until Cain vs Francis begins. I wish NBA all-star game was played harder, but it is still pretty fun to watch.

all star weekend has been an absolute joke in the nba before i stopped watching years ago.

hasn't been good since the late 2000's.
damn i sound old.

I love basketball and I haven't seen a single allstar event or game since 2010.

It will be the most watched thing when it's happening but I won't be watching, just don't care about it.

Back