Why is Tristan Connelly fighting another new comer but Pereira is fighting Sanchez?

Because Michel Pereira is a god.

Also - I wouldn't call fighting Diego Sanchez a huge opportunity... It's a very high risk fight.

If you lose to Diego (at this point in his career) that does not look great on you

1 is an exciting flashy striker that make people elbow each other and say watch this guy

The other is a typical boring grappler

Diego is a veteran, hopefully he come up with an excellent gameplan against Pereira. If Diego brawls with him, he might lose just because he is older/less duration and it will very unfortunate imo. I like to see heart from Pereira instead all flash. If he get dragged deep but still find a will to win, I'm be more impressed than just flying around and KOing people in round 1.

I made the thread more on wondering why Connelly didn't get rewarded instead of putting down Pereira vs Sanchez though.
I guess the UFC doesn't see much potential in Connelly, they hit most regional veterans or short-notice signings with kind of matchmaking.
Some only get 2 dangerous matchups and get cut if they lose, while others get chance after chance.

I don't like that kind of unfair matchmaking at all, but I guess they can't keep everyone on the roster.
Happens at the Contender Series, too.

Back