1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Why is Tristan Connelly fighting another new comer but Pereira is fighting Sanchez?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by 5crew, Jan 30, 2020.

1. 5crew Black Belt

Michel Pereira showboated so much that he lost against Tristan Connelly but is given a bigger name in Diego Sanchez?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

He's entertaining win or lose and people want to watch that.

3. TITS ASS Platinum Member

The UFC is just feeding Diego a bum to get him back in the win column.

4. 5crew Black Belt

He is entertaining for sure, but shouldn't be given a bigger name after that clown of a loss. It's obvious UFC wants to build him. Tristan Connelly should be rewarded more instead of fighting another new comer.

EDIT:
    Reminds me of the afro dude that won as a huge underdog but was given big fights. He lost, but at least he was given chance to prove himself. Can't figure out his name now. Either LW or WW, white dude few years back.

EDIT 2:
    Charlie Brenneman

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  5. 5crew Black Belt

Unfortunately, Sanchez is not as durable as he was before. It's likely Pereira gets a highlight reel win considering he is always so flashy.

6. Fossor Black Belt

Diego Sanchez is all about good vibes and positive energy nowadays. And that is what Pereira brings.

7. Spath Black Belt

I feel he could catch Diego with one of those flashy shots, like a quick flying knee. I hope Diego uses his grappling to break Pereira and gets to ”impose his will” on him.

A fun fight, crazy Sanchez vs crazy flashy Pereira. Might end early, but hopefully we get a few minutes of action packed chaos!

8. 5crew Black Belt

Diego is a veteran, hopefully he come up with an excellent gameplan against Pereira. If Diego brawls with him, he might lose just because he is older/less duration and it will very unfortunate imo. I like to see heart from Pereira instead all flash. If he get dragged deep but still find a will to win, I'm be more impressed than just flying around and KOing people in round 1.

I made the thread more on wondering why Connelly didn't get rewarded instead of putting down Pereira vs Sanchez though.

9. Squintz Silver Belt

Diego is gonna get blasted with a flying knee or some other flashy shit and collapse like this again.9

[​IMG]

10. Xoleth Brown Belt

If they wanted him on the win column, they wouldn't have given him Chiesa.
    Also, I would put my money on the bum, who is talented and who should learn from his mistakes made in his last fight.
    But rooting for Diego!

11. MrFreeze Green Belt

I don't care
    No interest in the career of any of these fighters

12. azerty Blue Belt

connelly is boring and pereira is exciting, simple as that really
    and it's not like connelly is some kind of prospect either, getting another fight is his reward

13. Kumason MMA freak!

When you call someone a newcomer it should be their 1st fight, not their 3rd UFC fight. Also, matchmaking is just timing, people are injured, scheduled, recently fought, looking to get on a home country event, the list goes on and on and for some reason fans think they can just match up anyone on the roster. It's really weird expectations. Then you have the simple fact that both these guys pray to the just bleed gods. I don't see a problem with it, Connelly isn't on some hot streak or looking like someone that should be fast tracked.

14. wh4tttt Green Belt

michel was semi gassed already during his dance off walk out...

lol hope diego can avoid the early barrages and grind him out again like connelly..

15. Herwald Red Belt

Cause Pereira is more entertaining and this is show business.

16. swarrrm ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

He was not entertaining in his loss. He did a couple flips in the first minute then gassed and survived a one sided beat down from a late replacement 40lbs lighter than him lol.

17. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

I found that highly entertaining personally.

18. Th3Sav4ge "ok who took my sword?"

weird. but isnt connely a 155er that moved up to welter? hard to get anything going at 155. you can win 7 fights and then start to be in the "give him a step up" talk

19. BodomNight** Banned Banned

So exciting watching him use all his energy and get grapple fucked. But that's not his fault, he deserves a reward for losing. Lmao ufc fans are literally free shills

20. azerty Blue Belt

yep ,very entertaining first round, got FOTN, and he EARNED a reward by generating interest in his fights