why is Rothwell favoured over JDS?

MustangSally

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So Rothwell has wins against Reem, Mittrione and Barnett. In all these 3 fights he got hit more than his opponent and against a knockout machine like Dose Santos that's surely not a good sign.

JDS is probably not going to go for a takedown and he's got a pretty strong chin, so i fail to what exactly is in Rothwells favour in this fight?

is this the new thing? you pull out some bullshit out of your ass and make a post about it? smh

is this the new thing? you pull out some bullshit out of your ass and make a post about it? smh

No this is a very old Sherdog tradition dating back to the beginning.

I think JDS is a slight favorite but it's pretty much 50/50.

So Rothwell has wins against Reem, Mittrione and Barnett. In all these 3 fights he got hit more than his opponent and against a knockout machine like Dose Santos that's surely not a good sign.

JDS is probably not going to go for a takedown and he's got a pretty strong chin, so i fail to what exactly is in Rothwells favour in this fight?
fighters on win streaks, a 4 fight win streak at that...has something called momentum. Especially going against a guy who has a loss in his past fight. Doesnt matter how the "W" gets there. It just has to and your golden.

He is favorite for many reasons.. Because JDS has no momentum, he is slowed down a lot, and he has taken a lot of punishment. Rothwell on the other hand has a lot of momentum and is very hungry and wants it badly. He will be way too much for JDS at this stage. its gonna be a beatdown I'm afraid. one sided fight

He is the present an future of the weight class

Rothwell has more tools. I'm favoring him.

on a high and jds hasn't been impressive.. but usually the fighters on a bad streak come back better but in this case i think ben beats jds.

great chin and heavy handed.. might tie him and wear him out against fence too.

wouldn't be upset if jds wins, neutral in this one.. but should be exciting.

I'm surprised JDS is the favorite. He hasn't looked very good these last few fights and Rothwell has finished everyone.

Because JDS has been gun shy, like bad. I'm hoping he's shaken off his brutal losses and is ready to start swinging again. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

This guy takes it

VyQyyZ.gif

Rothwell WAS the slight favorite at one point actually. Odds have moved a bit. So it might not be BS - TS might just have seen dated odds, or is going off memory.

I actually think Junior is a bad style matchup for Rothwell. Think it should be more like -160 JDS. Just my opinion.

This fight made no sense for Rothwell from the minute it was booked. I think JDS knocks him out pretty easily.

Back