Why is rorion not in fight finder?

rerard

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Is it just because his fights were so long ago that no one cares?

He didn't compete much due to a shoulder problem. I don't believe he ever fought in Vale Tudo.

People always say fight finder isn't accurate. I wasn't even aware of any of his vale tudo fights except a gracie Vs (insert martial art here) where he defeats some kickboxer (right?)

Superbeast said:
He didn't compete much due to a shoulder problem. I don't believe he ever fought in Vale Tudo.

Yup. I got the word from Relson himself. Rorion had a shoulder problem that popped out from time to time. I don't think he ever competed mma but must have fought a street fight here and there and of course if you watch the Gracies In Action Volume I and II he fights there but that video is from ??? 1981??? I got both but I don't know when people actually started keeping track. In the beginning, when people were discussing it, it was more like, "Umm, there was this guy who choked out a wrestler, umm Rickson, Rorion Gracie, one of them anyway ......" But nobody kept track I think.

Yah I just saw the gracie in action vid part 1 which is why I ask, there are at least two fights on there of rorion's that are definately vale tudo.

The question is, were they sanctioned or not? Unsanctioned events don't make the fightfinder.

te only way that fights end up on fight finder is if hte organisation submits the results for the whole event.

Because suing people is more fun.

Superbeast said:
The question is, were they sanctioned or not? Unsanctioned events don't make the fightfinder.

Yes, they do, lol. Like Half of Jeremy Horn and Travis Fultons record is unsanctioned fights.

I suspect that if/when Rorion was fighting Vale Tudo, at his prime, it was long before most of today's MMA stars had even hit puberty, let alone been born.
I don't know much about fight finder, but you gotta remember that before UFC 1 in 1993, no one in the U.S. cared much for Vale Tudo and what was going on down in Brazil, etc.
For example, we've all heard about Rickson vs. Zulu. Was that "sanctioned" by any fighting organization? I don't know but I suspect not. I imagine that in the WAY early days, "sanctioned" meant that the cops would let it go on unless it got really out of hand.

Eric O said:
Yes, they do, lol. Like Half of Jeremy Horn and Travis Fultons record is unsanctioned fights.
The information on recent events is a lot easier to obtain compared to Vale Tudo fights in the eighties/early nineties in Brazil and small US venues though.

Half Boston Crab said:
Closed door challenge fights don't make it to fight finder do they?

No, they don't, and I'm pretty sure that Rorion's fights fell into this category.

Fightfinder lists pro fights, so I can't decide to settle an argument on here by showing up to somebodies school, fighting them, then coming on here asking for the fight to be put on my record.

It's why Rickson and others only have a few fights on theirs, even though there's footage of them in other fights on the GIA tapes and a couple highlights out there, they're basically street fights.

Rocye fought Jason Delucia before their UFC match, too, winning via verbal submission to strikes if I remember, but it won't be listed on either guy's thing, and neither with Yoshi Anjo vs. Rickson or Wallid Ismael vs. Ryan or whichever one it is.

There are some sancitoned, legit events that had rules, a ring, and prize money and all that from the last few years that aren't listed... My instructor (Chad LeBrun) has four pro fights for four different show, and only the smallest show is listed in his record (Holiday Fight Party in '99). I think that show is only there because both main event guys are in the UFC now (Branden Lee Hinkle and Travis Fulton). I don't think you can submit new stuff to it as an individual, either, as a few guys have sent in Chad's pic and footage of the fights to have it updated, and it just hasn't happened.

i don't think that rorion ever fought in brasil. It was Carlson or Rolls that took challenges before rickson. Apparenty for the zulu fight it was Rolls and Relson that Helio was considering and not Rickson... but then Rolls conviced Heilo to let Rickson take the fight and the rest was history.